Alan Chan HDR PhD Scholarships for International Students in Australia
Bond University’s Faculty of Society and Design Eastwest Strategic Trends Research Forum (ESTR-Forum) offers two Alan Chan HDR Ph.D. Scholarships to high-achieving candidates.
The aim and goal of this program are to support international students who wish to continue their doctoral studies for the academic session 2022/2023.
About Bond University
Ranked 20th by Times Higher Education among the best small universities in the world, Bond University is Australia’s first private, not-for-profit University to seek international recognition as a leading independent university.
The University is Australia’s first private university in Robina, Queensland. Since its inception on May 15, 1989, Bond University has been primarily a coeducational institution with a three-semester schedule per year.
Bond university ranks 20th in the Times Higher Education ranking of the best small universities in the world.
Admission is through the Queensland Tertiary Admissions Center based on the Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank.
The University records the third highest student satisfaction rating in the 2019 Student Experience Survey of any Australian university and the highest student satisfaction rating of any Queensland-based university, with an overall satisfaction rating of 87.2.
Bond University, Gold Coast, Queensland, is ranked as the 9th most expensive University in the world as the estimated undergraduate tuition fees are almost $56,000 per semester.
Bond University was founded and funded in 1987 by Mr. Alan Bond, chairman of the Australian Bond Corporation, and Mr. Harunori Takahashi and Dr. Taro Tanioka, president of Japan-based Electronics and Industrial Enterprises International (EIE). a joint venture for the management of the University’s grounds and building construction.
The university buildings and surrounding grounds initially covered approximately 212 hectares and included what was formerly a pine plantation known as Burleigh Forest.
In the 1970s, Bond gained control of several pine plantations in the region, previously owned by Savoy Corporation Limited and Gold Coast Cooperative Plantations Society Limited, and formed a new company known as Development Equity Corporation (DEC) to develop them.
Why choose to study at Bond University
At BU, students have the opportunity to develop professionally and deepen their skills. Graduates will receive an excellent education from an institution that will position them as leaders in their field.
All applications close on 31 August 2022, and students interested applicants should apply on or before that date.
- University: Bond University
- Workplace: Faculty of Society and Design
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: a living stipend of AU$28,854 per annum and a full fee waiver
- Number of awards: two
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and international candidates
- Awards can be claimed in Australia.
All students in both International and local countries are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Doctoral degree program available in the following areas of interest in Intercultural Studies and International Relations:
- Diplomacy in a diversely informed world
- Intercultural exploration of Peacebuilding concepts and strategies
- Indigenous knowledge informing Australian diversity in the Indo-Pacific region
- Emerging international relations from the perspective of Eastern philosophies: such as Confucian, Taoist, and Buddhist
- International Space Relations: Multilateralism vs. Militarization
The following criteria are to be met by interested applicants;
You must be a local student or a permanent visa holder.
You must also be an international student, whether you are in or outside Australia.
Interested candidates must have acquired a master’s degree from a recognized university.
Candidates must submit the following documents;
- Academic transcripts
- Curriculum vitae / curriculum vitae
- Topic with a brief statement (1 page describing your research project area)
The lucky applicant will be required to meet all Bond University entry requirements for the Ph.D. program and achieve the milestones required by the University during their Ph.D. programme.
Candidates are to submit scores on the following English language proficiency tests:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): Academic
- Test of English as an international Language on the Internet (TOEFL iBT)
- C1 Advanced
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE)
Lucky applicants will be awarded a living stipend of AU$28,854 per annum by Bond University and a full fee waiver for three years.
How to Apply
Applications are sent online through the university portal.
Hopefully, this article on Alan Chan HDR PhD Scholarships for International Students is helpful.
Leave us your suggestions in the comment section.