University of Melbourne Offers Alex Chernov Scholarships for Students in Australia 2023
University of Melbourne is one of the amazing institutions in Australia that has opened its arms, widely to welcome international and domestic students.
Every academic year, the University of Melbourne Alex Chernov Scholarships for students in Australia.
The University has various scholarship options available, to financially assist applicants in all levels of study and nationality.
However, just for this article, we would be considering Alex Chernov at the University, eligibility requirements, and how to apply.
The Alex Chernov scholarship is offered to financially assist outstanding students with various educational achievements, who are about to apply for a course of study at the University of Melbourne.
The scholarship will be awarded to unlikely applicants, who would not be eligible to receive another scholarship due to certain circumstances.
However, that doesn’t change the fact that certain criteria must be met by students before they would be eligible to apply, and receive the Alex Chernov Scholarship.
Alex Chernov scholarship is named after a previous alumnus at the University of Melbourne, who is known as Hon Alex Chernov AC QC who has supported the University greatly.
Hon Alex Chernov was once the former governor of Victoria, also a Judge at the Court of the appeal of the Supreme Court of Victoria, and Vice-Chancellor at the University of Melbourne.
Successful applicants who applied and qualified, for the Alex Chernov Scholarships will receive a scholarship fund that would pay for their tuition fees, during their one-year master’s course of study at the University of Melbourne.
Successful applicants would also receive two different scholarship funds, worth AUD$10,000 leading to a total of AUD$20,000.
In most cases, the Alex Chernov Scholarships may also give applicants a platform to undertake paid research worth about $40 for an hour, with a total of about $10,000.
Eligibility Criteria for the Alex Chernov Scholarships for Students in Australia at the University of Melbourne
Are you interested in applying for the Alex Chernov scholarship? If yes, then this section is for you.
Below are the eligibility criteria applicants must fulfil before applying for the scholarship;
- Applicants must be international students who are citizens of India.
- Applicants must have applied for a master’s course at the University of Melbourne.
- Applicants must have been offered admission into the University and must have accepted the admission offer, into any of the specialist legal areas at Melbourne Law school.
- Applicants must be ready to commence study at their Master’s course, at Melbourne Law School the next semester, which usually begins in March.
- Applicants must submit their application form for the intended course before the 31st of October or the year before. However, if applicants wish to commence their studies in July, then they must submit their application form for their course of study no later than 30th April that same year.
- Applicants must possess documents that prove their financial needs such as;
- Applicants must submit a disadvantaged socioeconomic form in a pdf format before the set closing date, alongside their application form for applications.
- Applicants must also submit a document that explains the financial struggles they had experienced, alongside a supporting document from a relevant individual to prove their claim ( the person could either be an accountant, or a financial counsellor that once handled their account).
- Applicants could also have another document, that proves their claim and needs for financial assistance.
- Please note applicants must submit the relevant documents listed above too, firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the above deadline.
Applicants would be selected and awarded the Alex Chernov scholarship, based on academic merit (applicants must possess good academic results before their entry at the University of Melbourne).
However, the scholarship will only be awarded to 3 eligible candidates.
Please note that successful applicants found eligible, for the Alex Chernov scholarship will receive direct mentoring, from Hon Alex Chernov while they undertake their master’s course at Melbourne Law School.
Please note that the Alex Chernov scholarship is available to all applicants, regardless of whether they are offering their Melbourne Law Masters courses online.
How to Apply for the Alex Chernov Scholarships at the University of Melbourne
Applicants who were offered admission in a Masters-level course at Melbourne Law Masters course in Melbourne Law School, who applied on the 31st of October or the year before will be automatically considered for the Alex Chernov Scholarships and do not need any extra application.
Applicants who decided to apply for the master’s level course at Melbourne Law School, in July will also be automatically considered for the scholarship and do not need an extra application form.
Other Important Information about the University of Melbourne.
Melbourne Law Masters courses at the University of Melbourne comprise 15 relevant courses.
International lecturers who are professionals in the field are invited to teach students, alongside Australian lectures from all sectors of Law. Below is a list of 15 courses offered by students;
- Ageing and Human Rights
- Chinese Tax Law and Policy
- Civil Regulatory Litigation
- Executive Power
- Global Digital Tax
- Human Rights and the Digital State
- International Employment and Equality Law.
- International Tax in the United States.
- Press Freedom and National Security.
- Science and AI: Legal and Ethical Challenges.
- Social Procurement Law and Policy
- Superannuation Law and Regulation.
- Tax in Practice.
- A tax of Innovation.
- Aton off Superannuation A
In conclusion, several scholarships at the University of Melbourne require a separate application form when applying. Please note that applicants who were not selected for the Alex Chernov Scholarships, would not be notified or receive any feedback from the University.
Other scholarships available to Indian students at the University of Melbourne are listed below;
- Melbourne international undergraduate scholarship
- Melbourne graduate scholarship (education) for international students.
- Bachelor of Arts international scholarship.
- AG Whitlam international undergraduate merit scholarship
- Dean PhD international scholarship awards
Most of the scholarships listed above are either fully funded scholarships or partially funded scholarships. For more information, on the Alex Chernov scholarship at the University of Melbourne, please follow my page.
Kindly drop all questions and comments in the gaps provided below.