Antarctica Internship  | Can You Intern In Antarctica?
Antarctica is one of the most beautiful places in the world, and it is ‘the last, best hope.’ Therefore, it is not surprising that many people want to visit this continent.
It can be challenging for people who have never been there to know what an Antarctica internship looks like or how much it costs.
This article will discuss some things you should know before you decide on what opportunities are available for you as an intern in Antarctica!
What Is The Cost Of An Antarctica Internship?
Several companies offer Antarctica internships. The duration and cost will vary depending on the company you choose to work with and what field you wish to specialize in.
Antarctica Internships are available in several fields, such as:
- Tourism & Hospitality
- Wildlife Conservation
Is It Possible To Go To Antarctica Internships?
You can go to Antarctica for an internship, but first, you must understand what is required.
- You will need to get a valid passport and visa.
- The minimum age for applying for a visa is 21 years old (if traveling alone).
- If you are flying with your loved ones, they must also be over 18 years old and have their passports or birth certificates and proof of travel insurance.
- The application process takes around two weeks once all documents are submitted.
- Once your application is okay by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in New Zealand (where most people apply), it goes through various departments before being sent off to Antarctica itself! This process can be up to three months, depending on how many applications there are.
It is in comparison with others who want similar positions at locations such as India or Australia because jobs tend not to be readily available, mainly because there isn’t much demand from tourists coming here every year.
Eligibility For Antarctica Internship 2022
One must meet some criteria to be eligible for the 2022 Antarctica Internship.
These requirements include:
- Interns must have completed at least three years of an undergraduate program with the aspiration to pursue honors studies. Exceptional candidates may get admission after two years of university studies.
- Interns must have enrollment at an Australian university.
- Interns must have a minimum “credit” average with an emphasis on high grades in subjects relevant to the project.
- The cost of an internship in Antarctica depends on the company you choose. Most companies charge around $1,500-$2,500 per week and $5,000-$8,000 per month.
How Long Do Antarctica Internships Last?
Internships in Antarctica last 3-6 months, with some staying for a year. Some interns have even waited for more than a year. In addition to the time spent on the continent, internships include trips to nearby islands and other places in Antarctica, such as South America and Australia. If you’re interested in training with an academic institution in Antarctica (such as a research station), make sure your university has one before applying; otherwise, you’ll need to find another way of getting there; travel or volunteering opportunities elsewhere on Earth.
How Do You Apply For Antarctica Internships?
- You can apply to a company that offers internships in Antarctica. It can be on their website or through the company’s recruitment process, so it’s best to check both places if you’re unsure which option is right for you.
- You can also apply directly through your university’s career center (or even via LinkedIn), but this is typically only open to students who have completed their degree, looking for full-time employment with benefits like health insurance coverage and paid vacations. If this sounds like something that you like, then go ahead! However, remember that these types of opportunities are rarer than they used to be. Many companies have moved away from hiring interns as part of their workforce strategy over recent years. This situation concerns liability issues associated with people under 18 long working hours unpaid within the facility during peak season. Such periods include summer break or winter holidays such as Christmas Eve/Christmas Day (or even New Year’s Eve, if we’re being honest).
Read Also: 11 Top Scholarships For Autoimmune Diseases
Why Intern In Antarctica?
Students or graduates participating in Antarctica internships do so to gain the relevant skills and experience they need in any particular field. Employers are not left out either.
Antarctica Internships are essential for both employers and interns.
Students taking their internships in Antarctica can create good job opportunities after college.
Antarctica internship allows the student to explore and develop a career and learn new skills. It offers people the opportunity to bring new ideas and energy to the workplace, develop their talents and potentially build a strong foundation for their future.
Universal Language In Antarctica Internship 2022
The official language of Ognia, New Devon, and Bellingsgauzenia is Russian, which happens to be the most common language they use.
However, they also make use of English.
Read Also: NAI African Scholarships in Sweden
Graduates and Undergraduates can apply for Antarctica Internship as part-time or full-time students.
However, you can participate as a full-time student during vacations or part-time student during the university semester.
So, if you are interested in this field, you should consider applying for the Antarctica internship. Many companies offer excellent opportunities to interns, and they pay well.
The minimum duration of your internship will be around four months, so you can get a chance to explore all kinds of jobs before deciding what type of career path would suit your skills best.