Birkbeck University of London International Scholarship Grants 2021/2022
The Birkbeck University of London is Happy to announce a scholarship opportunity for exceptional and talented students.
The International Scholarship Grant is open to students who wish to pursue a higher degree in the United Kingdom. Applications are accessible for the academic session 2021/2022.
- 100 Excellence Scholarships At the University Of Newcastle For South Asia Students 2021/2022
- Frank Martin Orthoptics Scholarship Grants at University of Technology Sydney 2021/2022
- University of Glasgow African Caribbean Full Fee Waiver 2021/2022
About the University
The Birkbeck University of London was established in the year 1823 in November.
The establishment of the school was of the purpose that for the very first time, artisans and craftspeople could learn and know more about Science, Art, and economics.
After seven years (in 1830) Birkbeck University of London took further important steps by being the first institution to admit female students.
Which was 40years before the University of Cambridge and Oxford.
In the year 1858, there was the ratification of the University of London’s Charter, which mean students should sit for a degree examination.
The Birkbeck University of London then became the best choice for most students who wanted to earn a degree education at a university but could not afford a full-time study.
Birkbeck University of London official became part of the University of London in the year 1920.
It was formalized with the understanding that the university would continue to offer and teach evening study.
Birkbeck University has an aim to provide flexible and part-time higher education course which is meant to meet the changing cultural, educational, career, and personal need of students of different race and age.
The university has helped adult students from the different educational and social backgrounds who live and work in London to participate in the courses they offer.
The university also aims to maintain and provide the highest quality research training in all its subject areas.
In trying to achieve this aim the university sets the following objective which are
– To offer students an integrated range of flexible and research-led courses across all level
– To achieve and maintain strong research cultures in supporting interdisciplinary work in each faculty and school.
– To develop the college’s capacity to respond to new and changing opportunities in higher and further education
– To make sure the college provides an inclusive learning and working environment for its staff and students so they can all develop into their full potential
– And to develop sustainable partnerships within the London region and beyond.
Birkbeck University is very proud of its diversity and recognizes the value that this brings to College life in London. The university embraces and celebrates the differences between people, it recognizing the strengths and benefits of a diverse, inclusive society, workforce, and the importance of the student body.
In the spirit of our founder George Birkbeck, the university believes that education should be available and accessible to all sections of society, providing an inclusive working and learning environment for students and staff, so that all may develop to their full potential.
Academics and researchers at Birkbeck University work together through a wide range of networks, groups, and societies and these cut across departments, subjects, and areas of expertise, to encourage, motivate and enable innovative, interdisciplinary research.
The university offers over 200 undergraduate and postgraduate programs that can be studied both part-time and full-time.
Why Study at The University?
The Birkbeck University of London is one of the world’s leading research universities with a vibrant, intellectually challenging research culture.
Birkbeck University was ranked 332 in QS World University Rankings by Top Universities and the university had 3.8 stars.
At the university, students benefit from research-led teaching, with 73% of our research rated ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent in the most recent Research Excellence Framework.
Courses being offered at Birkbeck University of London are
– Accounting and Management
– Accounting and Management with Finance
– Accounting with Finance
– Ancient History and Archaeology
– Archaeology and Geography
– Arts and Media Management
– Business Psychology
– Community Development and Public Policy
– Contemporary History and Politics
– Creative Writing
– Creative Writing and English
– Criminology and Criminal Justice
– Culinary Industry Management
– Data Science and Computing
– Economic and Social Policy
– Economics and Business
– Economics and/with Mathematics
– Environmental Management
– Film and Media
– Finance with Accounting
– Financial Economics
– French Studies
– French Studies with International Experience
– Geography and International Development
– German with International Experience
At the Birkbeck University of London, students get to choose much or as little of the standard university experience as they like.
students can choose to work during the day and study at night. They can also choose to undertake an internship or do something entirely different.
The university offers a unique combination of evening study and a matchless central London location. Which is right at the geographical and academic center of the city of London, giving the students an exceptional opportunity.
The Birkbeck University of London offers a famously friendly comfortable environment.
The university helps at every step its students take by offering pastoral guidance and academic support to them whenever needed.
Courses are being taught on the university Bloomsbury campus, which has all the facilities needed and it is also well served by public transport which makes it easy to get to the college.
The university contains all the teaching, laboratories, and facilities space needed by the students.
Description of the Birkbeck University of London International Scholarship Grants 2021/2022
The scholars are offered the degree level Undergraduate and Postgraduate degree
The mode of Application is Online, it’s available to International students and it is to be taken in the United Kingdom.
It’s available to all nationalities.
– For an applicant to be eligible, they must meet all the given criteria of Birkbeck University
The successful applicant must/should have an outstanding academic record and show strong potential for high achievement at the degree level being given.
– Priority will be given to applicants who can show that they would not otherwise be able to afford the course.
Value of Scholarship
These are the scholarship benefits:
The value of the scholarships for postgraduate is £5900 award for a full-time Home/EU/international student.
international student or as £2,950 per year for a part-time Home/EU/international student, depending on the chosen mode of study.
The scholarship will be paid as a fee award.
While for undergraduate
£4000 (tuition fee-only, first year only)
£2000 (tuition fee-only, first year only)
£1500 (tuition fee-only, first year only)
£1000 (tuition fee-only, first year only).
Note; All of these depend on the program the applicant is going for
How To Apply
Applicants will only be considered once they have been offered a place to study at Birkbeck University.
To apply for the studentship, download and complete the application form and email it to the university.
All applicants are required to present the following documents to the University, which are
– Applicants’ current official secondary school transcript
– one letter of recommendation.
– Current CV/resume
– Applicants are required to have graduated with a 1st class or 2:1 undergraduate degree
Students whose first language isn’t English must have scored in an approved examination in the English language, such as a
before they can register for an academic course.
Students should visit the school’s website For more information.