Canada Scholarships 2022-2023 for Post-Secondary International Students
The Study in Canada Scholarships is a program that is facilitated through institutional collaborations and student exchange agreements between post-secondary institutions in Canada.
That are located in the new eligible countries with short-term exchange opportunities for them to study or have their research in Canadian post-secondary institutions at the college, undergraduate and graduate levels.
About the Canada Scholarships Award
The Study in Canada Scholarships program provides students from post-secondary institutions to undergo a study or research program in Canada.
The program is facilitated through institutional collaborations and student exchange agreements.
Eligible countries include:
* Burkina Faso
* Ivory Coast
These agreements are one which is created between colleges, technical or vocational institutes, and universities.
Students, who which to be “candidates”, for this program must first be registered as a full-time students in an institution in their home at the time they being the application and the entire time of their study program or research program stay in Canada.
Type of Scholarship :
This is a Secondary and Undergraduate Scholarship
Eligibility for This Scholarships:
Applicants must be citizens of one of the following eligible listed above
Applicant must be enrolled as a full-time student at post-secondary institutions in one of the eligible countries listed
Applicant must be paying the tuition fees which is required by the institutions of their study at the time of application and also be paying the tuition fee of their the institution of their home during the full duration of the exchange program
Please note that
If you are Canadian citizenship or own permanent residency in Canada or you have a pending application for permanent residency in Canada, you are not eligible for this scholarship program.
If you have participated in an exchange scholarship program that was funded by the Government of Canada, you are also not eligible for this scholarship program
If you are enrolled in a program at a Canadian post-secondary institution you are also not eligible for this scholarship program
The Terms and conditions of this scholarship
The following terms and conditions which is being listed must be met during the duration of the scholarship.
– The Canadian post-secondary institution must be a Designated Learning Institution.
– Selected students must be registered in a full-time study
– Selected applicants must be paying tuition to their home institution
– Applicant and their home institution must be informed of any mandatory fees that, in exceptional cases, cannot be waived, before applying for a scholarship on the candidate’s behalf
– There must be an agreement entered with the recipient stating that
* The funding for this scholarship will be provided by the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade, and Development
– Selected applicant must be able to provide the Canadian school with records to account for major expenses such as travel and lodging cost
– Selected applicants must agree to have their contact information shared with DFATD, for reasons that include
* Being invited to join the Government of Canada Scholars’ Alumni Association (GCSAA)
* For them to be able to attend events organized by the Canadian Embassy, High Commission, or Canadian Trade Office in their country
– Selected applicants must be able to submit qualitative and quantitative reports during the scholarship period.
– Selected applicant must engage in a full-time study program or research program as defined by the Canadian institution
– Selected applicants must show proof of their proficiency in the language of instruction at the Canadian institution, Which is either English or French before they arrive in Canada
It should be noted that this scholarship won’t cover language training so you must show proof of English.
Applicants must understand that Language requirements will be set by each Canadian institution
– Selected applicant must not hold any other scholarship granted provided by the Canadian Government
– A selected applicant who is carrying out a semester-based study exchange program must arrive in Canada before September for the fall semester or arrive in January for the winter semester
– A selected applicant who is conducting research must arrive in Canada for the uptake of their award before the given deadline (visit the official site to know the deadline)
Please note that
Failure of you to arrive during the time given may result in the scholarships being
But in an exceptional case, with the approval of DFATD, the deadline may be extended a little bit.
– Applicants who are enrolled in study programs such as pharmacy, medicine, dentistry, or other health fields should be excluded from clinical training or clinically-oriented research involving direct patient care;
must ensure that they have appropriate health insurance for the full duration of the scholarship, as per the policies of the Canadian institution
– Selected applicants must be a focus on a full-time studies or research during their study duration in Canada
– Recipients will be expected to return to their home institutions after the scholarship period is done to complete their studies at their home institution.
Place of scholarships
This scholarship is to be taken in Canada
Number of Awards:
Up to 50 awards has be made available
Benefits of this Canada Scholarships
The scholarship benefits vary depending on the duration of your studies in Canada
CAD 10,200 will be awarded to college students, undergraduate or graduate students
The Canadian host institution may also collect CAD 500 per scholarship recipient to assist with administrative costs once the students have arrived in Canada
How to Apply
Applicants must understand that it is only when Canadian institutions submit applications on their behalf they will be considered for this scholarship.
The institution can choose to set its deadline to receive more supporting documents from the applicant.
Please note that
It is very important that you through all application requirements at the official website