Chalmers University International Postdoctoral Positions in Local Energy Communities, Sweden
Chalmers’s University has invited interested candidates to apply for the international postdoctoral positions in local energy communities to high-potential applicants in Sweden.
The purpose of the scholarship is to assist students who are going to complete a Chalmers University International Postdoctoral Positions for the academic session 2022/2023.
About Chalmers University of Technology
The Chalmers University of Technology conducts research in technology and natural sciences at a high international level.
With scientific excellence as its foundation, the University promotes technical solutions for a more stable world.
Through global entrepreneurship, the University fosters an innovative spirit in close collaboration with the wider society.
Chalmers was established in 1829 and has the same motto today as it did then when it was founded.
Chalmers offers comprehensive technology and science education, from bachelor’s level to master’s and doctoral degrees.
When you study at Chalmers, you will learn to think independently and use engineering methods to solve future challenges.
We support your creativity and believe in the importance of free thinking that allows you to test your own ideas in reality.
To facilitate openness and collaboration between students and faculty, we strive for a truly informal atmosphere with a non-hierarchical structure.
Sustainability, entrepreneurship, and equality are fundamental aspects of everything we do.
Through project assignments, we provide hands-on, collaborative experience with a focus on applying theoretical knowledge to solve current and future problems.
We have excellent connections with relevant industry and social partners, ensuring that our research and education are always closely linked to real-world challenges and applications.
Qualify for a global career with a master’s degree from Chalmers. You will be right at the cutting edge of your field and taught by highly active people in both research and industry.
Chalmers has excellent connections with the business world, including local giants such as Volvo, SKF, and AstraZeneca.
You will receive lectures from prominent figures in the field and make study visits to relevant workplaces.
We offer around 40 master’s programs taught exclusively in English. We prepare our Masters’s students for truly international careers, with our global focus on attracting students from over 60 countries.
The Chalmers University of Technology has 13 departments with a well-known organizational culture.
It has eight areas of progress and six national centers of excellence in critical sectors such as materials, mathematical modeling, environmental research, and vehicle protection.
Why choose to study at Chalmers University
At Chalmers university, students learn to think independently, and they also know to face challenges in the future with the help of engineering methods taught by the University.
The University has formed a completely informal atmosphere that facilitates an open environment and close collaboration between students and faculty.
The last date to enter a specific scholarship is August 15, 2022.
Brief Description of Chalmers University International Postdoctoral Positions
- University: Chalmers University of Technology
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: Salary
- Number of awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and international
- The award can be collected in Sweden
Swedish students and other international candidates are eligible to apply.
Applicants are eligible to apply for the Postdoctoral Fellowship in Local Energy Communities at Chalmers.
To be eligible, applicants must meet all of the following/given criteria:
- The applicant must have a Ph.D. in electrical engineering, or a related field awarded no more than three years before the application deadline in accordance with the current agreement with the Swedish Government Employers Agency. The applicant is required to have
- i) Strong knowledge and proven experience in developing energy management systems for resource optimization and management of multi-energy local energy communities, e.g., residential buildings, using relevant optimization tools and programming languages , e.g., Python
- ii) Experience with machine learning methods and applications in local energy systems/communities and electrical distribution systems.
- The successful applicant should demonstrate a strong scientific publication record in leading journals in the field and well-developed problem-solving skills.
- Applicants are also expected to have an excellent command of written and spoken English.
Candidates are to submit the following documents to the University:
- Curriculum vitae, including a complete list of publications
- Previous teaching and pedagogical experience
- Two references
To meet the prerequisites for the programs you are applying for, you must meet the general and specific entry requirements.
Applicants must have English proficiency equivalent to or higher than the Swedish English course at secondary school 6. An internationally recognized English test is accepted.
Award and Benefits
Selected applicants will be offered a full-time, part-time position for two years.
How to Apply
Applicants must be enrolled in a postdoctoral degree at the Chalmers University of Technology for admission to this training program. After receiving the confirmation, applicants can apply for this education.
All there is to know about the International Postdoctoral Positions in Local Energy Communities is in this article.
If you find this post helpful, please like and share it with others. Also, drop your opinions below in the comment section.