Woodbridge .N. Ferris State University Scholarships
The former governor of Michigan and one-time president of the Big Rapids Savings Bank, Woodbridge .N. Ferris started the Ferris State University which is the sponsor of the scholarship in this article.
The Woodbridge .N. Ferris Scholarships at Ferris State University was structured in a way to reward students for the effort and hard work done in high school.
It rewards such students who demonstrated hard work and excellence during the high school period for an entrance scholarship at Ferris State University.
That’s why a Woodbridge N. Ferris (WNF) scholarship is given to every incoming student either at Big Rapids main campus or Kendall College of Art & Design freshman who meets the criteria.
Woodbridge N. Ferris Scholarships offers multiple scholarships to first-time freshmen on a GPA-only basis who apply for the university and if you qualify, a scholarship will be automatically awarded to you, no essay or separate scholarship application is required.
Let’s see the scholarships available;
1. Founders Scholarship
This is the highest scholarship offered at Ferris State University, courtesy of its founder, Woodbridge N Ferris to recognize exceptional high school freshmen students who want to study at Ferris State University.
You would need to have been admitted into Ferris State University, into a full-time program and a high school GPA scale of 3.90/4.00 and 31 ACT or 1350 SAT scores.
The amount to be awarded is $10,000 per year/$40,000 for four years throughout the study; to renew, you should keep a cumulative GPA of 3.30.
- Presidents Scholarship:
This scholarship is open for international students who meet the academic eligibility of 4.0 GPA/4.00 scale HS GPA and has been admitted to Ferris State University for a full-time program.
The scholarship is valued at $6,000 per year/$24,000 for four years and to keep this going, you need to renew it, and for it to be renewed, after being admitted, you must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.30 per session.
- Provost Scholarship
The Provost Scholarship is awarded to entering high school graduates by WNF Undergraduate Admissions to recognize outstanding academic performance in high school.
The aspiring student would be awarded a total of $5,000 per year/$20,000 for four years as long as they meet the requirements of a 3.50 – 3.99/4.00 scale HS GPA, and had been admitted to WNF to study a continuous full-time program.
- International Academic Grants At University Of Utah 2021/2022
- Griffith University List of Scholarships Grants 2021/2022
- International Academic Grants at University of Utah 2021/2022
- Dean Scholarship
This scholarship is of a lower value as it is offered from the office of the Dean at Ferris University, but that does not make it any easier. You still have to maintain a GPA of 3.00 and to even be eligible and possibly accepted for this scholarship, you need a total of .49/4.00 scale on your high school GPA.
The scholarship is valued at $3,500 per year/$14,000 for four years.
- Ferris Gold Scholarship:
This is the fifth scholarship offered by Ferris State University under rue Woodbridge scholarships and this is worth $2,000 per year/$8,000 for four years.
Students aiming for this scholarship should meet the GPA requirement of 3.25/4.0 and other test requirements of 22 ACT, 1080* SAT, 67 TOEFL, 6.0 IELTS, or 100 Duolingo.
To extend this scholarship throughout your study, you should retain a cumulative GPA of 2.75
- FERRIS CRIMSON SCHOLARSHIP:
Lower than the gold, yet valuable all the same. The Crimson Scholarship is only awarded to full-time students to affect their tuition fee with the award sum of $1,500 per year/ $6,000 for four years.
- Ferris Next Scholarship
Value – $1,000 per year/ $4,000 for four years
Renewal cumulative GPA: 2.75
Requires continuous full-time enrollment.
The next scholarship after this is quite different, so before we move on, you should know the requirements before you are awarded shy of the above scholarships;
Criteria For Woodbridge .N. Ferris Scholarships:
- You must be admitted into a degree-granting program at Ferris State University
- You must have graduated from high school, meeting the GPA requirement of any of the scholarships you choose to apply for.
- You must a first-time college student at one of Ferris State University sites within five years of graduation. For example: if you graduate in June 2022, you must begin classes at Ferris State by no later than the spring semester of 2027.
- You must enrol and maintain full-time enrollment (minimum of 12 credit hours) part-time studies are not accepted into any of the above scholarships.
- Must have successfully earned a C or better in at least 3 credits through a Ferris collaborative high school agreement.
- Momentum Scholarship:
This is different from the above scholarships already mentioned.
It offers international students an increased award grant and it is especially for high school students who have obtained their high school diploma from an authorized Ferris high school as the first step forward.
Unlike the other scholarships above where scholarships would be awarded regardless of the high school attended, as long as you meet the requirements, this is different.
The Momentum Scholarship for Ferris Charter School Students will help you take your next step forward with automatic admission to Ferris State University and up to $2,000 per year in support of tuition and room and board.
That is, if you were an exceptional student in high school and retained a GPA of 2.5 or greater, you are automatically considered for this scholarship which offers up to $8,000 in support.
Eligibility Criteria For Ferris State University Momentum Scholarship;
- You must be a full-time undergraduate student attending our main campus, a Statewide location, or in a fully online program.
- You must be a graduate of a Ferris State University authorized public school academy.
General Admission Demands For Ferris State University:
- You must meet the minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) requirements which vary by program.
- You would be required to present your official and original transcripts, both in their original language and in English are required for secondary schools and colleges that you have attended.
- You must establish your English language proficiency to enter an academic program. You can request that an official score report be delivered directly from the testing organization to Ferris.
- Fall Semester Admission (August to December): June 15
- Spring Semester Admission (January to May): October 15
- Summer Semester Admission (May to August): February 15
Please note that statewide students (students who are enrolled in Ferris programs at off-campus locations) or online students are eligible for Woodbridge N. Ferris scholarships.
Beginning spring 2022 semester, newly admitted fully online and statewide students will automatically be considered for WNF Scholarships.
Finally, if you need in-depth detail on any of the scholarships mentioned here, please contact the Office of International Education for support: email@example.com
All the best!