Griffith University List of Scholarships Grants 2021/2022
According to the social norm, it is considered awkward and uncomfortable to stand out and be different, but not at Griffith.
They are aware that success often comes from being an exception to the norm—challenging convention, adapting and innovating, creating bold new trends and pioneering solutions ahead of their time, so at Griffith, remarkable, difference and uniqueness are the norm.
Those different and remarkable people like you are the people who better our world, it is remarkable experiences that transform people and communities, and the remarkable contributions that change the future forever.
So, Griffith, we are committed to helping its students achieve success by providing quality education, guidance and support.
In this article, we would lead you through all the scholarship opportunities open at Griffith University Australia.
- Harbin Engineering University International Marine Scholarship Grants 2021/2022
- University of Saskatchewan International Scholarship Grants 2021/2022
- Leeds University Ph.D. Scholarship Awards 2021/2022
- Dr Valeria Fleming STEM Scholarship Grants at Fayetteville State University 2021/2022
Griffith University Scholarships Grants:
- The International Student Academic Excellence Scholarship :
As the name implies, it is for foreign students based on the academic excellence of such students and as a form of recognition, rewards outstanding international students applying for undergraduate and postgraduate coursework programs at Griffith University.
- Value of Award;
This is a full-time scholarship that covers the duration of your whole degree and it is applied as a tuition waiver for 25% of your total tuition fees.
It is open to both undergraduate and postgraduate programs at Griffith University.
- Eligibility For The International Student Academic Excellence Scholarship:
- You must fit the bar as an international student. This means to apply, you must not be a citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand.
- Students must be in the category of an International Fee Paying student to qualify for the scholarship and each scholarship deduction. Any change in International Fee Paying student status will result in the scholarship being withdrawn.
- Be a full-time student on-campus at Griffith starting your study by the 2022/2023 academic year.
- You must also have a minimum GPA in previous studies of 5.5 or above on a 7 point scale or equivalent. Remember, this is an academic excellence award, so the better your result, the higher your chances.
- You must satisfy all academic demands of this scholarship and the English language requirements for your chosen undergraduate or postgraduate program.
This scholarship however excludes students enrolling in Higher Degree Research, non-award, Masters Qualifying Program, MBA (program code 5670), and English language programs at the Griffith English Language Institute, these are programs that are only offered part-time, programs delivered offshore in collaboration with a partner organization.
This scholarship can not be deferred.
2. The International Student Academic Merit Scholarship:
I know it sounds similar to the scholarship we just finished discussing, but it’s not.
Unlike the first, it also demands academic excellence, but not as intensely. This International Student Academic Merit Scholarship requires and rewards high achieving international students applying for undergraduate and postgraduate programs at Griffith University.
Also, this scholarship waiver is lesser than the above, so if you don’t have very exceptional results but are still a high achieving student, then you can apply for this instead.
- Value of Scholarship;
Like the first, this is also valid for your whole degree, however, it offers only a 20% discount on tuition fees
The eligibility requirements are the same as the above.
3. Our Griffith Remarkable Scholarship:
This is my favorite award by Griffith university because it offers the highest amount on discount.
- Award Value
A 50% of tuition fee waiver that is valid for your whole degree as either an Undergraduate or postgraduate student who is resuming study by 2022.
The eligibility criteria remain the same.
How To Apply For Griffith University of Scholarships Grants:
- First, you need to apply to study an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program at Griffith University.
- When you have received an offer for study, you can then apply for any of the scholarships by the closing date by including, along with your application, academic records and a personal statement.
- A University panel will review your application and will let you know the outcome of your application.
If you have been selected for this scholarship, you will need to accept both your program offer and the scholarship by the deadline. If you don’t accept the scholarship by the date specified in your Letter of Offer, the scholarship will be withdrawn.
Factors Affecting Griffith University of Scholarships Grants:
- Whatever scholarship you have chosen (20%, 25%, 50%) only covers exactly the amount in the waivers and it is only applicable throughout the duration of the course you have been admitted at Griffith University to study originally.
- The Griffith University requirements for academic and English language entry requirements still apply, including results of previous study and English language proficiency.
- The course duration is defined as the Program Length of the first-degree program as stated in your Letter of Offer, less any credit received for the previous study.
- Each discount will be applied by the expected date of each relevant session of the program the selected student offers.
- The number of scholarships available is not certain but the numbers are limited.
- When the student has exhausted the scholarship acceptances and the limit has been reached, the Griffith International Scholarship office will advise applicants that all available scholarships have been awarded and the scholarships are withdrawn.
- Deferral of scholarships is not permitted and should a student withdraw or cancel for any reason, the scholarship amount is non-refundable.
- For ongoing enrolment requirements, students must be enrolled full-time (40CP) to receive the tuition fee deduction, unless credit prevents full-time enrolment.
- And students must remain enrolled in the program for which the scholarship offer was made, which is stated on the Letter of Offer issued by Griffith International Admissions.
- To maintain scholarship eligibility, students must pass all the requirements for each trimester of studies and successfully progress on to enroll in the next trimester. (A minimum cumulative GPA of 5.5 on a 7.0 point grading scale must be maintained to qualify for each tuition fee deduction in the following trimester of enrollment.)
Once you start studying at Griffith the scholarship will be applied for and paid for each session.
After the scholarship waiver has been deducted, you must pay the remaining balance of fees, based on your enrollment, by the stipulated date.