Harvard University Academy Scholars Program 2023 For International PhD Students
Harvard University Academy Scholars Program is scholar Program for international PhD students who are studying a social science course at the University.
Academy Scholars Program is a community made up of eligible and selected individuals, who are not just resourceful but possess the right initiative, towards their work as the foundation for a career at Harvard University.
Academy Scholars Program at Harvard University continues to identify, and support scholars with outstanding academic achievements, who are about to pursue their PhD studies at Harvard University.
The Academy Scholars Program at Harvard University will also support international PhD students; whose work reflects excellence in a social science course, with good English Language speaking skills, and knowledge of other countries apart from the United States of America or Canada.
International PhD Students who are found eligible for the Academy Scholars Program, will receive financial and research support to enable them to undertake huge research projects in their social sciences course.
Eligibility Requirements for the Harvard University Academy Scholars Program for International PhD students.
Interested applicants are expected to fulfil all eligibility requirements listed below;
- Applicants must be offered admission into a PhD social science course at Harvard University, for a time frame of 2yrs (the new semester resumes in August).
- Applicants must be international students.
- Applicants who wish to apply but have received a scholarship, or completed another PhD fellowship at Harvard University, are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants who have almost completed their thesis would be required to submit, a document known as “degree conferral” which is mostly issued by the registrar, at Harvard University on June 30th of the present academic year.
How to Apply for Harvard University Academy Scholars Program for International PhD students.
Please note that the online application form for the Academy Scholars program can be accessed online at the Harvard University website by selecting the APPLY ONLINE tab.
Interested applicants should follow the guidelines listed below;
- Applicants must submit their application form alongside necessary documents, before September 23. Please note that late applications would not be accepted.
- Applicants are expected to upload the following documents written below;
- Applicants must submit an updated Curriculum vitae or resume, which must include the number of publications carried out by the applicant.
- Applicants must submit a research proposal of about 2,000 words; discussing outstanding objectives, and how they plan to carry out both methodological and dispensary course work.
- Applicants may decide to include footnotes or endnotes and other relevant information, which is optional and not compulsory. However, note that if you do decide to give references or add endnotes, it will not in any way be counted as part of your written 2000 words in your research proposal.
- Applicants are expected to submit at least one writing sample; Applicants could submit a chapter of their PhD thesis, or an already revised academic article well documented, and written by them and must be written in English.
- Applicants must also submit or upload a copy of their results, for their PhD course at Harvard University.
- Results submitted by applicants from any other international University would be read and accessed by reviewers at Harvard University, and if the transcript is not well detailed enough then the reviewers would request more official documents to back up the result, from the Registrar at the applicant’s previous University.
- Applicants must also upload not less than 3 letters from their guarantors, before the set deadline which is September 23rd.
- Please note that the 3 letters submitted by applicants, from their guarantors must be submitted in pdf format, and must not exceed 10MB in size. Hence applicants must take caution before uploading the documents to avoid errors.
Terms and Conditions for the Harvard University Academy Scholars Program for International PhD students.
For every academic year, about five or six individuals who were found eligible for the Academy Scholars Program, are selected for a 2-year appointment with a yearly expense fee worth about $75,000. Please note that the two years appointment would be split into a 3-year academic calendar.
Applicants who were selected for the Academy Scholars Program are expected, to accept the scholarship immediately after they receive their offer of admission to study a PhD course at Harvard University.
Please note that delays or deferrals of already received scholarships, in applicants’ first year of PhD study at the University would not be allowed.
Applicants who received the scholarship are eligible, to apply for a break for a year during their first year and second year in their PhD course. The break is to allow applicants or students to continue with tenure track teaching appointments.
International PhD Applicants or students who receive the Academy Scholars Program scholarship, at Harvard University are not eligible to accept or receive any other form of funding, bursaries, awards etc.
Other Information on Harvard University Academy Scholars Program for International PhD Students
This section contains other relevant information that was not listed above. Below is a list of disciplines under social sciences, that are eligible for the Academy Scholars Program;
- Accepted Fields of Study
- Africa Studies
- Asia Studies
- Central Asia Studies
- East Asian Languages and Civilizations.
- Eastern Europe Studies.
- Ethnic Studies
- History of Science
- Inner Asian and Altaic Studies
- International Relations
- Latin American and Iberian Studies
- Middle East Studies
- Near Eastern Languages and Civilizations.
- Political Economy and Government
- Political Science
- Public Policy
- Russia Studies
- Slavic Languages and Civilization
- Social Policy
- Social Studies
- South Asia Studies
- Southeast Asia Studies
- Ukraine Studies
- Western Europe Studies
International students or applicants who are studying any of the following courses, listed below are not eligible to apply for the Academy Scholars Program;
- Art History
- Global Health
- Medieval Studies
- Public Administration
- Sanskrit and Indian Studies
- Social Work
- Urban Studies
In conclusion, I hope this article was helpful? If yes, please follow my page for more information on the Academy Scholars Program at Harvard University.
Kindly drop all questions and comments in the gaps provided below.