Heidelberg University PhD Positions in Defining Innate Immune Checkpoints Controlling Natural Killer 2021/2022
Heidelberg University has decided to motivate highly achieving individuals in Germany to pursue further their education by giving Ph.D. Scholarships in Defining Innate Immune Checkpoints Controlling Natural Killer Cell Recognition of Melanoma Cells.
About Heidelberg University:
The university was founded in the year 1836 and It is Germany’s oldest open research university.
Heidelberg University was the Holy Roman Empire’s 3rd university to be established. In the year 1899 and it also became a coeducational institution.
The University happens to be Germany’s oldest and also one of the world’s oldest surviving universities.
Heidelberg university like all other institutions in Germany does not charge students tuition.
The language of instruction mostly used at the university is generally German, but a considerable number of graduate degrees are available in English and French.
Heidelberg University has the following faculties:
Behavioral and cultural studies, philosophy, modern languages, economics, and social sciences, biosciences, physics and astronomy, chemistry and earth sciences, math and computer science, religion, law, and two medical faculties
The academic calendar at the institution is usually semester-based.
Heidelberg has the vision to prepare its students to be global citizens who can serve thoughtfully, think critically, and communicate effectively.
Why study at the university?
At Heidelberg University, both in-class and out-of-class learning is very important.
The University is a community of learning that encourages and nurtures intellectual, personal and professional development, leading to a purpose-driven life.
Aside from academic and social responsibilities the University places a premium on student and young researcher development by introducing novel concepts into research-based instruction. It enables early exposure for the students to research subjects and procedures.
The University confers over 100 undergraduate, graduate, and postdoctoral degree programs.
Heidelberg University has 28,653 students enrolled in various degree programs and their International students make up 18.6 percent of the university’s total student population.
Heidelberg University is strengthened by the university’s connection with several local non-university research institutions and is connected to a global network of research and teaching collaborations.
The University Exchange programs with over 400 universities worldwide and almost 19 university alliances.
About the scholarship:
The Ph.D. The applicant will use a CRISPR/Cas9-based immune-oncology screening methodology also with primary NK cells, melanoma cells, and some tumour cells to validate currently existing candidates for anti-tumour activity utilizing in vitro and in vivo approaches.
Benefits of scholarship
Each successful scholar will receive the salary to complete their Ph.D. degree in Germany at Heidelberg University.
Students from Germany.
The award of the scholarship will be given in Defining innate immune checkpoints controlling Natural Killer cell recognition of melanoma cells.
To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given
1. The Applicant is expected to demonstrate in-details knowledge in cellular and molecular biology and immunology.
2. Applicant must have Hands-on experience in molecular genetics and knowledge in bioinformatics data analysis is a plus.
3. The applicant must be driven by self-motivation
4. Applicant should share a clear passion for scientific problems and should acknowledge interdisciplinary collaborative research in order to successfully master this doctoral study program.
5. Successful applicants should hold a university master’s degree equivalent or one which is above average that permits access to undertake doctoral studies.
6. Candidate must possess very good English skills both written and spoken (it is mandatory).
7. Applicants must have to take admission at the university.
How to apply
Applicant should provide supporting documents which must consist of
– An attachment of applicant official transcripts of at least one year of academic records from every post-secondary institution attended
– Statement of purpose
– Contact details of two referees
– Two reference letters from the applicant’s referees