King’s University College Entrance international Scholarship for Arts and Humanities 2021/2022
King’s University College is prestigious for its numerous scholarship awards. The one this article focuses on, however, is the Entrance international Scholarship for Arts and Humanities.
King’s University college firstly known as Christ the King College from 1954 – to 1966 and King’s College from 1966 -to 2004 Is a Public Roman Catholic, co-educational, liberal arts university college founded in the year 1954.
Located in Epworth Avenue, London of Ontario, Canada (adjacent to the Thanes River, across from the Richmond gates of the University of Western Ontario ).
- Full Scholarships for International Students at University of New Hampshire 2021/2022
- Victoria University of Wellington Scholarship Grants 2022
- University of New Castle Scholarship Grants 2021/2022
- Career Options and Opportunities in Arts and Humanities
- Augsburg University American Indian Scholarships 2021/2022
the university college was originally founded to provide the all-male seminary with education in the liberal arts. Its motto ‘Christis Via Veritas El Vita ‘ is Latin for ‘Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life ‘.
The University College, which started holding lectures in 1955 using the Monsignor Wemple Building, is the largest affiliated university college of the University of Western Ontario located in London of Ontario, Canada.
It has several other affiliations including The Roman Catholic Diocese of London, St. Peter’s seminary, and ACCU.
King’s University College Rankings
In its 68 years of existence, the University College, or King’s (as it is commonly called) has accumulated several rankings and breakthroughs worthy to be taken note of.
Outside the reigns of her country, Canada, King’s University College has the following rankings:
- 6th in Best Global Universities in the United Kingdom.
- 7th in Best Global Universities in Europe
- 33rd in Best Global Universities (a tie)
Subject wise, it has the following rankings:
- 3rd in Radiology, Nuclear Medicine, and Medical Imaging.
- 41st in Molecular Biology and Genetics (a tie)
- 79th in Pharmacology and Toxicology (a tie)
- 94th in Oncology (a tie)
- 476th in Physical Chemistry (a tie).
According to QS Top Universities, King’s has an outstanding reputation for world-class teaching and cutting-edge research. Ranked in 2014 by the Research Excellence Framework (REF).
King’s University college came out as 6th nationally in the ‘power’ ranking, which takes into account both the quality and quantity of research activity and 7th for quality according to Times Higher Education rankings.
About eighty-four percent (84%) of research carried out by King’s University College was deemed ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent. King’s measures up as one of the top seven (7) United Kingdom universities for research.
Notable Alumni Of King’s University College
Some Alumni, graduates of different levels/ degrees ( Bachelor’s, masters, and doctoral) have attained positions around the globe worthy of mention. Some include:
- Sheil Copps – Former Deputy Prime Minister of Canada (BA 1974)
- John Cummins – Former member of parliament, past leader of the British Columbia Conservative Party (BA 1966).
- Vince Agro – Former Mayor of Hamilton, Ontario. Giler Prize Nominated author (BA 1962).
- Sandy Annunziata – Grey Cup winning football player, former Fort Erie Town councilor, and current Niagara Regional councilor for the town (began a degree in 1988 and completed BA in 2004).
- Chris Grey – Professional Wrestler with ring name Cody Deaner.
King’s Scholarship for Arts and Humanities
Having had a brief knowledge of the prestigious King’s University College, we delve into the main subject.
The Entrance International Scholarship is one of the many scholarship awards King’s offers for serious-minded and competent students who wish to further their education at the university.
The King’s University College Entrance International Scholarship for Arts and Humanities is a scholarship award with an amount of up to $4500, offered to qualified students.
- Eligible countries: the scholarship award is open to all international students
- Non-eligible Countries: Any student of the nationality of the host university.
- Eligibility Criteria: The entrance to international scholarship has some criteria for selection, which include:
- All students who achieve a final high school average score of eighty-two to eighty-four point nine percent (82 – 84.9%) will be offered a scholarship of $3,000.
- Candidates who graduate high school with a total score average of eighty-five to eighty-seven point nine percent (85 – 87.9%) will be awarded a scholarship worth $3500.
- Scholars with a final high school average score of eighty-eight to eighty-nine point nine percent (88 – 89.9%) get a scholarship award of $4000.
- Finally, students with a final high school average score of ninety percent and above (90+%) will be awarded a scholarship of $4500.
- Eligible courses or subject of study: Any course or subject offered in King’s University College that falls under Arts and Humanities.
- To apply for the scholarship award, applicants are mandated to take admission in an undergraduate degree at the university. There is no application for a bursary, applicants will automatically be considered for the award when the application for admission is submitted.
- All participants must fulfill the admission requirements for international students. If applying from a country that offers English as a second language, the following English Language Proficiency Tests will be required.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-based Test (TOEFL IBT): 85 – 90 with no subsection of less than 20.
- TOEFL PBT: 580 and above.
- The International English Language Testing Service (IELTS) Academic: Overall score of 6.5 with parts not less than 6.
- Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB): 80 and above with no less than 78 in any section.
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic): A minimum overall score of 58 with no score less than 56.
- Duolingo: A minimum overall score of 115 with a minimum of 100 for each subscore.
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL): A minimum overall score of 60 with no part less than 60.
- Supporting Documents: Official transcripts of all previous schools attended and a copy of your passport.
- Scholarship Deadline: This scholarship award closes on the 30th of April, 2022.
Worthy of note is the King’s University College mission – engaged in the open pursuit of truth and the discovery and sharing of knowledge in service to humanity.
By integrating academic programs rooted in liberal arts with comprehensive student support, King’s creates an inclusive and empowering space for students by nourishing their capacity for critical thought, articulate expression, creativity, and ethical action. (Source: King’s University College website).
As an international student, you are in safe hands. With the prestigious entrance international scholarship, you have a power up to boost your education!