Top 8 Korean Scholarships for International Students
Do you love Korean foods, drinks, movies and music and wish you could study in Korea?
If yes, then this article is for you as I would discuss Korean Scholarships available to international students, regardless of their Nationality.
Scholarships for international students were established; to financially assist students who are unable to afford tuition costs, and other expenses while studying at a Korea-based University.
Scholarship for international students in Korea allows international students with opportunities, to conduct research in their undergraduate or graduate courses at any Korean-based University.
Korean Scholarships for International Students has also led to the various mutual relationships between countries, and also growth in international exchange.
However, international students would only receive scholarships if they are found eligible to apply, or if they possess the requirements to apply for the Korean Scholarships, and are selected for the scholarship.
List of 8 Korean Scholarships for International Students
1.Global Korean Scholarships (GKS)
This is a government-financed scholarship offered to international students, willing to apply and are studying at a Korea-based University.
Global Korea Scholarship will pay for successful applicants’ flight expenses, grant successful applicants resettlement allowance, applicants’ monthly expenses, applicants’ health insurance, applicants’ Korean language courses, and applicant tuition fees.
However, applicants who want to apply for Global Korea Scholarship must undergo one year of study in the Korean language to be eligible to apply.
2. Seoul National University (SNU) President Fellowship
This scholarship supports international students at Seoul National University who wish to earn a PhD degree.
Successful applicants who receive Seoul National University Presidential Fellowship will gain the following benefits;
- The scholarship will pay for students’ full cost of tuition fees for 6 semesters ( which is 3yrs)
- Students will receive a monthly expense fee within the range of KRW 1,500,000 -2,000,000 for a duration of 3yrs.
- The scholarship will cover students ‘ flight expenses.
- Students will also receive National medical insurance.
3. Yonsei University Underwood International College (UIC) Admissions Scholarship
International students wishing to apply for Underwood International College, and are interested in the Scholarship do not need to apply separately.
The selection of applicants for the scholarship would be based on applicants’ academic qualifications. Once applicants are selected, they would be notified alongside their successful admission later.
However, like other scholarships students who wish to renew this scholarship must retain the basic grade point average.
Successful applicants can renew the Yonsei University Underwood International College Admissions Scholarship, for a duration of 4yrs. The scholarship will pay for successful applicants’ course tuition fees.
4. Korean Scholarships for International Students
Korean Scholarships offers various scholarships to international students, to acknowledge their educational performance.
The scholarship lessens the financial burden on the shoulders of international students, who are studying or wish to apply for an undergraduate course at Korea University, by paying for their tuition fees.
The scholarship offered to international students at Korea University is known as the “Bright Futures Scholarship”.
Students who wish to apply for the scholarship must fulfil the following eligibility requirements listed below;
- Applicants must have finished at least one semester of study at Korea University.
- Applicants must possess not less than 12 credits to be eligible.
- Applicants must not have any issues or faults academically or violated any of the set academic rules in the past semester.
- The benefit of the scholarship is that successful applicants will receive a scholarship fund, that will pay for their tuition fees partially or fully.
Read Also International Research Program Scholarship Awards at James Cook University Australia 2021/2022
5. Ewha Global Partnership Program (EGPP)
This scholarship was established to financially support international women and, is one of the top scholarships for international students in Korea.
Ewha Global Partnership Program is focused on assisting international female students, who are from developing countries and possess necessary leadership skills.
Female international students who wish to apply for the scholarship must be willing to apply for either; an undergraduate course or graduate course at Ewha Woman’s University for them to be eligible.
International female students who received the Ewha Global Partnership Program will reap the following benefits;
- The scholarship will pay for successful applicants’ tuition fees.
- The scholarship would pay for expenses incurred by students learning the Korean language at the University.
- The scholarship will also provide monthly expenses to successful applicants.
6. POSCO TJ Park Scholarship for Asian Students Studying in Korea
POSCO TJ Park Scholarship is one of the top scholarships available for international students in Korea.
This scholarship is for Asian Students, who are studying or wish to study a graduate course (master’s or doctoral) in Korea.
The POSCO TJ Park Scholarship for Asian Students Studying in Korea was established, not just to finance Asian students but also to grow future leaders.
The scholarship will provide successful applicants, with full tuition fees alongside funds to pay for their monthly expenses.
7. Samsung Global Hope Scholarship Program
This scholarship is awarded to international students from weak backgrounds, who are unable to financially support themselves.
Samsung Global Hope Scholarship Program offers support to help these international students lift their financial burdens, as they continue their studies in Korea.
The selection of applicants for the scholarship will be based on the following;
- Applicants’ ability to prove themselves academically.
- Applicants speaking and writing skills in both Korean and English.
- Applicants who retain the capacity to support the development of their home country once they return home.
8. KAIST University Scholarship
The scholarship is available to both international students at undergraduate levels or graduate levels to apply.
The Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology University scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship that covers successful applicants’ full tuition fees.
Successful applicants will also receive a monthly expense allowance of 400,000 KRW, and pay for applicants’ health insurance Expenses.
In conclusion, there are certain eligibility requirements international students must possess to enable them to be eligible for scholarships in Korea such as;
- Applicants’ legal guardians must be citizens of their country.
- Applicants must not be citizens of Korea
- Applicants must not have any health challenges; which is inclusive of mentally and physically to allow them to study in Korea.
- Applicants who want to apply for a scholarship while studying an undergraduate course, at a Korea-based University must not be more than 25 years of age.
- While applicants studying a graduate course, must not be more than 40 yrs of age.
For more information on scholarships for international students, please follow my page.
Kindly drop all questions and comments in the gaps provided below.