NAI African Scholarships in Sweden
To support African students who need time and a conducive environment to complete and write up their ongoing research, the NAI has launched its NAI Africa Scholarships for the 2022-2023 academic year.
Individuals with a Ph.D. in a relevant discipline and more than seven years of post-PhD research experience are eligible to apply for this position.
The NAI African Scholarships invites applications for the 2022 NAI African Scholar Program for experienced researchers in Sweden.
Applicants must be from Africa to be considered. Candidates will be provided with a satisfactory salary and remuneration on appointment to the post.
NAI offers a stimulating intellectual environment, an interdisciplinary research focus, a team of researchers from diverse social and scientific backgrounds, and a library of modern facilities.
In addition, the Institute is affiliated with an extensive network of research institutes in Africa and the Nordic countries.
About NAI African Scholarships
NAI follows the trends and developments of African studies in the Nordic region and the African continent and actively initiates new ideas and forms of engagement to fulfill its mission as the main center of African knowledge in Africa.
Nordic countries serve their stakeholders. in the Nordic countries and the world.
The Nordic Africa Institute (Swedish Nordiska Afrikainstitutet) serves as a research, documentation, and information center on modern Africa for the Nordic countries. The Institute also supports research and studies on Africa. The Institute was founded in 1962.
The Institute is financed jointly by the Nordic countries. It is a Swedish government agency that reports to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Located in Uppsala.
The Nordic Africa Institute is part of AEGIS, a network of African Studies Centers in Europe, and organized its 4th International Conference (ECAS) in 2011.
The DirectorDirector heads the Institute, and the Program and Research Council are tasked with monitoring and advising the DirectorDirector.
On July 18, 2019, the Swedish government appointed Therese Sjömander Magnusson as the new Director of the NAI, which she joined on October 1, 2019.
- University: Nordic Africa Institute
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research
- Award: Salary
- Number of awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be collected in Sweden.
Field of study
Nordic African Institute Scholarship 2022 covers research courses. So candidates who are ready to apply must be aware of the level and field of study before applying.
The Nordic Africa Institute organizes the Nordic African Institute Scholars Program. So all African candidates are eligible to apply as long as they meet the requirements.
If you are an international student and want to study in the UK, check out the best scholarships available to study in the UK.
The Nordic African Institute Scholarship 2022 is open to experienced researchers from African countries in Sweden.
In addition to the Nordic African Institute scholarship 2022, there are other studies abroad scholarships available to international students. You can check our scholarship by country to access all available scholarships.
Selected candidates will be appointed as Senior Researchers at the Institute for Northern Africa with a salary and remuneration package.
Students are required to submit the following documents to the University:
- Research design
- Presentation on ongoing research
- curriculum vitae
- Publication of applicants
- Evidence of political commitment
- Contact and details of two referees
Applicants must have a Ph.D. in Anthropology, Geography, Sociology, Gender Studies, International Development, Development Economics, or a related subject.
Nordic African Institute Scholarship 2022 Worth
- The African Scholar Nordic-Africa Institute program is aimed at African researchers who need the time and environment to complete and write up their current research.
- He is proposing a senior research assistant position at the Nordic African Institute for 12 months.
- The salary is contractual within the current limits of the institution.
Eligibility for the Nordic African Institute Scholars Program
To qualify for the Nordic African Institute Scholars Program, you must meet the following requirements.
- Ph.D. in social sciences or humanities. The candidate must have significant experience in dealing with issues related to Africa.
- A researcher/teaching position at a university or research institution in Africa.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to present complex issues in a readable manner to both academic and non-academic audiences.
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Knowledge of the African scientific community, political environment, and other stakeholders in Africa.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English.
Other eligibility criteria
- In addition to the above listed,, the applicant must have seven or more years of postdoctoral experience conducting academic research.
- Current research/teaching position at an African university or research institution.
- A record of high-quality scientific research.
- Strong ability to present complex issues to non-academic audiences.
- Proven track record in scholarly communication and policy/practice engagement with non-academic entities.
- Knowledge of African scientific communities, political environment, and other stakeholders and actors relevant to the research topic.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
Nordic African Institute Scholarship Deadline 2022
The deadline for applications to the NAI African Scholar Program 2022 is April 8, 2022.
How to Apply for the Nordic African Institute Scholarship 2022
The Nordic African Institute scholarship application must include;
- A proposal that does not exceed 5 pages. It must contain information about the applicant.
- Presentation of current research projects, aims, questions, theory, and method
- A work plan for the duration of the stay with detailed information on planned intellectual activities and expected outputs, e.g., publications, dissemination activities, participation in seminars/workshops, conferences, and political engagements.
- A complete CV including a list of reviewed publications that identify which publications are officially considered peer-reviewed.
- Copies of the candidate’s publications related to his research up to three publications.
- Evidence of networking and collaboration.
- Names and addresses, phone, fax, and e-mail of at least two references.
Note: As part of the recruitment process, pre-selected candidates are invited to present their research projects to the Nordic Africa Institute via Skype.
The NAI African Scholarship in Sweden is strictly for African candidates. If you meet the requirement, then you do not need to panic as they are sure to accept those eligible and meet all requirements.
Hopefully, this article was helpful. Please do not forget to like and share this post with others and also drop your thoughts on the comment section below.