Old Dominion University International Merit Scholarship Grants 2021/2022
Old Dominion University is a public research university in Norfolk is an old university with almost twenty-five thousand students (24,375 to be exact), it is a University focused on research and this university is extending financial aid to international students for academic purposes.
Just before we get into full and juicy details about this scholarship, I want to give you a soft landing (because I care!)
There are certain subjects that are available for this scholarship and I am going to list them immediately. If your chosen subject is not listed below, there is no need to continue reading, okay? We’ve written hundreds of articles on our site, you just have to go through them, i’m sure you’ll find the one other would be a perfect fit.
Although, with the vast field that Old Dominion University covers, I doubt your choice course would be listed here.
Let’s go on now.
- 100 Excellence Scholarships At the University Of Newcastle For South Asia Students 2021/2022
- Frank Martin Orthoptics Scholarship Grants at University of Technology Sydney 2021/2022
- University of Glasgow African Caribbean Full Fee Waiver 2021/2022
Courses Available For Old Dominion University International Merit Scholarship Grants:
The following Subjects have been listed below by Old Dominion University to be eligible for the merit scholarship grant.
- Multi-/interdisciplinary studies
- Rhetoric and composition
- Mental and social health services and allied professions
- Biology/biological sciences
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Engineering technologies and engineering-related fields
- Business administration and management
- Management information systems
- Mechanical engineering
- Physical education teaching and coaching
- Health professions and related clinical sciences
- Computer and information sciences
- Marketing/marketing management
- English language and literature
- Teacher education and professional development, specific subject areas
- Civil engineering
- Parks, recreation and leisure facilities management
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Political science and government
- Art/art studies
- Sport and fitness administration/management
- Computer and information systems security/information assurance
- Audiology/audiologist and speech-language pathology/pathologist
- Dental hygiene/hygienist
- Computer engineering
- Music performance
- Art history, criticism and conservation
- Clinical laboratory science/medical technology/technologist
- International relations and affairs
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Business/managerial economics
- Nuclear medical technology/technologist
- Asian studies/civilization
- Foreign languages and literatures
- Geological and earth sciences/geosciences
- Women’s studies
- African-American/black studies.
If you’ve gotten to this point, that means your chosen course of study is listed above. I’m happy for you!
Immediately, let me give you all the details you need to know concerning Old Dominion University International Merit Scholarship Grants.
First of all, Old Dominion University.
Why Old Dominion University?;
Old Dominion University or ODU for short is a forward-focused public doctoral research university located in Norfolk, Virginia with more than 24,000 students.
The Old Dominion University delivers recognisable education that works hand in hand to give every student the type of education that is suitable. It has its curriculum designed in a peculiar way to bring each student’s talents, ideas and goals to life.
Old Dominion University is student geared. It aims at equipping every student with the knowledge, tools and perspective needed to land their dream job, launch their own business or do whatever good they want to do with the education they’ve acquired.
Norfolk Virginia For International Students;
The city of Norfolk, Virginia is the art enthusiasts’ dream. If you like to visit historical sites and beautiful places like museums, art galleries and military bases with a sprinkle of music, you would love it here.
It is home to hundreds of international students and Norfolk was ranked 84 out of thousands of cities across the US for international student friendliness.
Documents Required For Old Dominion University International Merit Scholarship Grants 2021/2022;
Each student who wants to apply for an ODU merit scholarship would be required to present the following;
- A complete application and supporting credentials must be received by the stated term deadline, or admission consideration will be applied to the next available semester.
- Previous to this application, all sorts of higher education acquired such as; Secondary/High School or College/University transcripts along with Diploma or Leaving Certificate is demanded for this scholarship.
- Financial Documents; please note that Old Dominion University reserves the right to demand for your financial statements and related documents in the course of applying for this scholarship.
- Proper means of identification; Passports, identification cards, etc.
- Evidence of demonstrated English language proficiency. The students must submit scores in one of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 79
- TOEFL PBT – 550
- IELTS – 6.5
- PTE – 58
- CPE – C or higher.
- A personal statement containing a One (1) page essay indicating academic intent and personal goals.
- SAT/ACT standardized exams are optional, though would increase your chances so, it is highly recommended.
Eligibility For Old Dominion University International Merit Scholarship Grants 2021/2022:
- You must be recently admitted to study at Old Dominion University.
- You must have received admission to study an undergraduate course.
- When you are selected, you must maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.25.
- You must be an international student. Students from any country in the world can apply.
- The applicants must be enrolled in full-time undergraduate programmes at ODU.
- You must possess a visa, however, to be valid, your visa must be a valid non-immigrant visa status.
- For all documents which have been demanded by ODU, students must submit all previous academic records and other required documents for admission.
- You must be admitted to pursue an initial Bachelor’s degree because this scholarship covers only degree-seeking courses.
Value of Scholarship:
The selected candidates selected by the university will be awarded a $5,000 – $14,000 to pursue a full-time degree at Old Dominion University and this scholarship is per annum; renewable for four (4) years towards their undergraduate study cost.
Any of the undergraduate courses listed above can be undertaken by a fresher international student.
If you are interested in applying for this scholarship, then you should know that all interested applicants are expected to have submitted their applications by 15th April 2022 for the first batch of admission and scholarship grants at Old Dominion University and for the second admission by 1st October 2022.
All newly admitted eligible students will be considered for the grants automatically.
If you have any more questions, please ask!