10 Optometry Schools With The Easiest Admission Requirements
Do you want to become an Optometrist? Are you searching for optometry schools with the easiest admission requirements?
Worry no more because I have compiled a list of optometry schools in this blog post.
Optometry is one of the highest-paying medical jobs in the world. So venturing into this career path is one of the best decisions you would make in your life.
Of course, becoming an optometrist isn’t a piece of cake. However, studying in one of these best optometry colleges will make things easier for you.
Just like any other program, getting enrolling in an optometry school requires some documents and fees.
However, this piece would take you through the optometry schools with the easiest admission requirements.
10 Optometry Schools With The Easiest Admission Requirements
Below is a catalog of the best optometry schools with the easiest admission requirements:
1. The University Of Alabama At Birmingham School Of Optometry
UAB School of Optometry is a great school that produces quality eye care professionals and other related medical services
That being the case, our students are impacted by UAB’s vast network of educational and clinical resources.
UAB is one of the best optometry schools in the united states.
The University Of Alabama At Birmingham School Of Optometry Admission Requirements:
- You must have a Bachelor’s degree
- All applicants must take the Optometry Admissions Test.
- You must present a recommendation letter to 3 individuals and from 2 faculty members
- The following courses are 1 year of general biology, 1 course of microbiology, 1 course of biochemistry, 1 year of English, 1 course of general psychology, and 1 year of social science. etc. must be completed before your matriculation:
2. Southern College Of Optometry
SCO made it to our list of Optometry Schools With The Easiest Admission Requirements.
SCO is famous for admitting many students and providing them with the best academic materials necessary for clinical training to succeed as an optometrist.
Why Is SCO one Of The Best Optometric Education Institute In The World?
- SCO has a high-ranking Clinical Education through The Eye Center
- SCO is famous for its New State-of-the-Art Academic Facilities.
- Our learning equipment and technology are up-to-date at SCO.
- SCO has a 9:1 Student-to-Faculty Ratio.
- We are committed to raising the best eye-care professionals in the world.
- We have a diverse Student Body from all over the world.
- Our Tuition and Cost of Living are affordable.
- SCO has one of the Highest Academic Standards in the world.
Southern College Of Optometry Admission Requirements:
- The applicant needs to present 2 recommendation letters from school and any respected person in the society.
- Applicant’s Optometry Admission Test (OAT)
- You need a minimum of 90 completed semester hours or 135 quarter hours
3. University of Houston College of Optometry
The university of House College’s task is to be the best in the discovery and circulation of knowledge in Optometry, eye-care science, and clinical training.
University Of Huston College Of Optometry Admission Requirements.
- A Bachelor of Science degree from any reputable academic institution in the world.
- A 3.00 and above GPA score in your bachelor’s degree.
- Recommendation letter from 3 professors and other people who are familiar with the applicant’s scholarship.
- Proficiency in speaking and writing English for students in countries where English is not their native language.
- You must have a 6.5 and above in your IELTS.
4. Michigan College of Optometry
The Michigan College of Optometry is the only optometry school in Michigan.
It was created in 1974 by the state government, to help residents with eye-care services.
Michigan College Of Optometry is affiliated with Ferris State University.
At Ferris state university you would walk side-by-side with expert faculty members.
These faculty members would assist you in developing the skills you need to become an optometrist.
Michigan College Of Optometry Admission Requirements:
- Applicants need to have completed all prerequisite courses.
- You need 3 recommendation letters from your previous school and any respected person in society.
- The applicant should have an Optometry Admission Test (OAT) result.
5. Oklahoma College Of Optometry
Oklahoma college is one of the optometry schools with the easiest admission requirements.
Oklahoma college of optometry trains students to be productive members of the world’s health system.
Here, students would be trained to treat a huge range of vision problems at the primary care level
It is one of the best optometry schools in the US.
However, getting a degree from the Oklahoma College of optometry will cost you $107,752.8 if you are a resident and $194,574.8 if you’re not a resident.
6. Indiana University School of Optometry
At the Indiana University School Of Optometry, we aim to promote the vision and eye care, and health of people all over the world.
We can achieve this by:
- Preparing high school students for careers in optometry and vision science.
- Advancing the knowledge of students through teaching, research, and service.
- At Indiana University School Of Optometry, students would be opportune to work side-by-side with optometrists.
Indiana University School Of Optometry Admission Requirements.
- You need to have a cumulative GPA of 3.6
- To enroll in the Indiana School of Optometry, an applicant would need at least 90 credit hours from the required courses.
- All applicants must have completed all the required programs/courses within the last 10 years.
7. Arizona College Of Optometry, Midwestern University.
Arizona College is also among the top optometry schools with the easiest admission requirements.
Arizona College Of Optometry motivates students to improve their technical skills while encouraging them to become the best eye-care professionals.
Our clinical training enables our students to be team players when it comes to caring for and handling patients’ needs.
8. Southern California College of Optometry at Marshall B. Ketchum University
Southern California School of Optometry at Marshall B. Ketchum University was established in the year 1904.
Its managed by a traditional, clinical, and academic team of professionals. Who is bent on developing the world’s best optometrist.
During your program at Southern California School of Optometry, you would be able to join the close-knit academic family and an alumni group of vision-care professionals, researchers, and students.
You may also like:
9. The University Of California, Berkeley School Of Optometry.
Berkeley school of optometry is also one of the best optometry schools with the easiest admission requirements.
This optometry school offers a four-year graduate-level degree as well as clinical optometry training in primary care.
Enroll in a master’s, Ph.D., or BSC degree curse today at Berkeley School Of Optometry.
10. Western University of Health Sciences
Western University of Health Sciences is a medical school that offers degrees in nursing, optometry, osteopathic medicine, pharmacy, podiatric and veterinary medicine.
The western university provides the best in health care services.
For over 40 years, we have been teaching and preparing health care professionals.
Our academic approach is based on humanitarian values, so our graduates treat each patient with love and respect.
Now that you know more about some of the optometry schools with the easiest admission requirements.
Ensure that you have all the requirements that they need and make proper preparations to enroll in any of the Optometry Colleges listed above.
Did you enjoy this post? Please share your thought with me in the comment section.