PhD Position in Super-Resolution Microscopy at Heidelberg University, Germany
The University of Heidelberg is accepting applications for a PhD Position in Super-Resolution Microscopy of the P. falciparum Knob Formation in Germany.
The Ph.D. project will focus on the characterization of P. falciparum-induced knobs on the surface of red blood cells in a time-resolved manner using high-resolution microscopy and various electron microscope techniques, including cryo-electron tomography.
The University of Heidelberg is a public research university dedicated to expanding knowledge and skills for the benefit of current and future generations in an open and accepting environment for people and ideas.
About Heidelberg University
Heidelberg University, established in 1386, is Germany’s oldest university and one of the strongest research universities in Europe.
The successes in both rounds of the Excellence Initiative and internationally recognized rankings prove that Heidelberg’s excellent reputation and leading role in the scientific community are well deserved.
In terms of educating students and promoting promising early-career academics, Heidelberg relies on research-based teaching and outstanding, well-structured training for doctoral candidates.
Heidelberg University is a comprehensive university, offering the full spectrum of disciplines in the humanities, law, and social sciences alongside the natural and life sciences, including medicine.
As a comprehensive university, Heidelberg aims to continue to strengthen the individual disciplines, further interdisciplinary cooperation, and carry research results over into society and industry.
Why should you study at Heidelberg University
In addition to academic and social commitments, Heidelberg University highly values training students and young researchers. Enables timely integration into research subjects and techniques by utilizing new concepts for research-based learning.
The last date to apply for the scholarship is 31 July 2022.
- University: University of Heidelberg
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary
- Number of awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be collected in Germany
Germany, Eastern European countries including Ukraine and Russia.
PhD position in super-resolution microscopy of P. falciparum knob formation.
To be eligible, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- A qualified candidate should have a master’s degree from an internationally accredited institution
- Institution of higher education. Technical skills in high-resolution microscopy and/or electron microscopy are desirable. Interest in interdisciplinary cooperation is mandatory.
- Applications from all science disciplines are welcome, as are candidates with a migration background. They also invite scientists from Eastern European countries, including Ukraine and Russia, to apply.
- Attach your official transcripts of academic records from each postsecondary institution you attended for at least one year as a full-time student
- statement of purpose
- contact information for two referees
- two letters of reference from those referees, and a resume.
The successful candidate must have a university degree (above average master’s or equivalent) which allows access to doctoral studies.
Excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken) is mandatory.
Each successful scholar will receive a stipend to support their education at the University of Heidelberg in Germany.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply to the University to be enrolled in the program. Interested candidates should apply using the school website.
There you have it. PhD Position in Super-Resolution Microscopy at Heidelberg University is up for all interested candidates in Germany.
It is important you check your eligibility status before applying and also try to submit the necessary documents to ensure easy qualification.
If you find this post helpful, do not forget to like and share with others.