Postdoctoral Fellowships in Ultrafast Spectroscopy of Semiconductor in Saudi Arabia
Applications are invited for Postdoctoral Fellowships in Ultrafast Spectroscopy of Semiconductor.
It is within the Division of Physical Sciences and Engineering at KAUST, equipped with world-class laser facilities and advanced spectroscopic equipment.
Their Semiconductor and Materials Spectroscopy group investigates the optical properties of GaN-based wide-bandgap semiconductors and related materials for light-emitting diode applications.
The group has also cooperated with several international institutes worldwide to solve global problems.
Many universities worldwide offer postdoctoral fellowships to students to continue their studies.
Postdoctoral research is academic research conducted by students who have completed their doctoral studies.
Postdoctoral fellows can get some of the appropriate resources in their areas of interest and help them build collaborative relationships with different universities.
About King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
The University was established in Saudi Arabia as an international graduate-level research university dedicated to inspiring a new age of scientific achievement that will benefit the region and the world.
As an independent merit-based institution and one of the best-endowed universities in the world, KAUST intends to become a major new contributor to the global collaborative research network.
It will enable researchers worldwide to work together as a team to solve scientific and technological problems. The admission of students and other activities of the University shall be conducted based on equality without regard to race, color, religion, or sex.
Read Also Chalmers University International Postdoctoral Positions in Local Energy Communities, Sweden
Duties and Responsibilities
- After consultation with the supervisor, decisions are made about the directions and goals of the research within the original project proposal.
- Contribute to the documentation of all research findings for inclusion in articles, reports, and presentations and contribute to the preparation of papers through completed proposals, reports, and presentations.
- Participating in the preparation of technical reports for grant providers.
- Developing and maintaining external cooperation.
- Fulfillment of tasks assigned by the research leader.
- Planning experimental activities and meeting deadlines.
- Maintaining cooperation at every level with other external bodies.
Benefits of Postdoctoral Fellowships in Ultrafast Spectroscopy
Prizes will be competitive and commensurate with the candidate’s experience and qualifications. Also, the appointment includes the following benefits:
- fully furnished housing (including utilities) is provided to the researcher free of charge
- health insurance is provided.
- A Ph.D. in relevant fields of studies such as physics, electrical engineering, materials science, and optoelectronics.
- Proven experience with optical spectroscopy, especially ultrafast lasers, oscillations, and other optical components.
- Proven experience with inorganic semiconductors and nanostructures. Solid theoretical background in optoelectronic devices.
- High level of written and oral communication skills with the ability to represent the research team at national and international conferences.
- A high degree of self-motivation, professional competence, and a good command of the English language, both spoken and written, knowledge of working on a PC, the ability to work in a team and independently, and good organizational skills are essential.
- Record of publications in quality, peer-reviewed journals.
- Fluency in spoken English language, including written English
- Complete professional CV including education, experience, and list of publications.
- Letters of reference.
- Cover letter
- List of publications, references, etc.) online or by email.
Applications will start immediately, and candidates are strongly encouraged to submit applications as soon as possible.
However, applications will continue and will be considered until all slots are filled.
This is all there is to the Postdoctoral Fellowships in Ultrafast Spectroscopy of Semiconductor. Let us know what you think below in the comment section, and do not forget to like and share this post with others.