Postdoctoral Research Fellowships in Political Science, Norway
The Department of Management and Organizational Theory provides postdoctoral fellowships with good conflict and peace research practitioners.
The position is open for the 2022-2023 academic year.
Successful candidates will be part of the European Research Council-funded research project “War effects – Micro-level impact of civil wars on multiple dimensions of women’s empowerment.”
About the University of Bergen
The University is a research-intensive state university in Bergen, Norway. Today, the University has over 4,000 employees and 18,000 students.
It was established by parliament in 1946 based on several older scientific institutions from 1825 and is Norway’s second oldest University.
It is consistently ranked in the first percent of world universities.
Why study at the University of Bergen
They offer excellent facilities, well-equipped lecture halls, laboratories, and computer rooms. They also conduct research, development work, and teaching in various disciplines.
The University of Bergen is an international university dedicated to developing research, science, and higher education.
Deadline for this Application
The deadline for the application is August 14, 2022.
- University or organization: University of Bergen
- Department: Department of Administration and Theory of Organization
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Reward: NOK 563,900
- Number of awards: 2
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: local and International
- The award can be collected in Norway
Colombia, Central South America, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo or Central East Africa.
Postdoctoral research in political science.
The following requirements must be met to be eligible for this position;
- They must have a good focus on peace and conflict, development, gender relations, or a related field.
- Good record in publication and ranked international journals
- Strong will to acquire skills at the start of the fellowship (basic qualitative skills required)
- Ability and willingness to work independently and as a team
- One tear teaching duties
- Co-responsibility for overall research design, data collection, and analysis
- Responsibility for conducting research in either Colombia or DR Congo (indicate preference)
- Close cooperation within the project team (1 PI, two postdocs, 1 Ph.D. student, and one research assistant)
- Present research results at international conferences and workshops, and departmental seminars
- Participation in the administration of research and the organization of events related to the project (e.g., conferences, workshops, webinars)
- The position provides ample opportunity to develop the candidate’s research agenda within the project’s wider scope and project management skills.
- Start date: preferably from October to December 2022
- Individuals may not be employed for more than one fixed-term postdoctoral researcher position at the same institution.
You will submit all required documents as follows:
- A letter of motivation (max. two pages)
- statement of motivation
- The research plan for one article (maximum 1500 words without references) includes an introduction, theoretical approach, hypotheses, data and methods, causal identification, and publication plan. You can look at the project pages, but original ideas are more than welcome.
- The curriculum vitae summarize education, positions, research and teaching experience, administrative experience, and other qualifying activities.
- Career breaks, including parental leave indicated on the resume, will be considered when evaluating applicants’ academic output.
- Complete list of publications
- educational diplomas and academic transcripts
- If this is a co-authored contribution/publication, you must submit a statement of co-authorship stating your contribution and signed by your co-authors.
- Your doctoral dissertation (English, French, Spanish)
- Applicants who have not yet submitted their dissertation must attach a letter from their first supervisor evaluating it.
- Names and contact details for three references (name, relationship to candidate, email, and phone number).
Students must have a doctorate degree in Political Science, Development Economics, Social Psychology, or a related field.
Applications must require at least basic fluency in French (DR Congo) or Spanish (Colombia) with verified English translations, or a Scandinavian language must be uploaded to Jobbnorge.
The University will provide the following;
- A position with significant scope and resources to develop your research profile
- The University will provide NOK 563,900 per annum Salary or Salary Grade 62 of the Government Salary Scale on appointment.
- Significant funding for conferences and methods training
- A great team and a professionally challenging research environment in an excellent department.
- Bergen is the second largest city in Norway with access to spectacular nature (successful candidates are expected to move to Bergen)
- Access to university social benefits (including chats, cultural events, etc.)
- Enrollment in the Norwegian public pension fund.
How to Apply
- Students are expected to submit an online application.
- All international students will be assessed based on their eligibility.
Postdoctoral Research Fellowships in Political Science are for local and international students, and interested candidates are free to apply.
Make sure to check that you are eligible for this scholarship before applying.
Hopefully, this post was helpful.