SATO YO International Scholarship Grants at Kyushu University 2022
Sato yo international scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship awarded to students who are qualified by the University’s qualification standards for any level of further studies
Scholarships are awarded for two major reasons: one is to financially assist students in their educational pursuit and the second is to help boost students’ academic performance.
If you were to apply for a scholarship, you know you would have to put greater effort into your academic work.
Have you ever wondered what it would feel like to study at a high-ranking university in Japan? You probably have fallen in love with the Japanese, their education, and their culture so much that you want to further your education in one of their universities.
Sato yo International Scholarship hosted by Kyushu University is a great starting point.
- University of Melbourne Paul Wheelton Undergraduate Scholarship Awards
- List of Denmark Scholarships for International Students
- List of Belgium Scholarships For International Students
About Kyushu University
Kyushu University is one of the best Japanese national universities located in Fakuoka, in the island of Kyushu. It was founded in the year 1903 and obtained the right to confer degrees in the year 1911. Since then, Kyushu University has produced thousands of scholars making waves both in the Japanese nation and in the world at large. It is the 4th oldest University in Japan and has a rank of 128 among all the universities in the globe. In Asia, it ranks 29th and ranks 6th among Japanese Universities.
Are you wondering if Kyushu is a good choice for an international student? As of 2016, Kyushu University had a number of about 2,085 foreign students enrolled in the university. So, as an international student, Kyushu University is a good choice.
Full Details of the Sato Yo International Scholarship at Kyushu University 2022
Sato yo international scholarship foundation is a foundation that aims to financially assist students (mostly self-supporting students) in furthering their education at different levels.
The foundation awards the Sato yo international scholarships to foreign students wishing to study in a Japanese university in collaboration with the different universities in Japan. It also has scholarship opportunities for its Japanese students.
Kyushu University collaborates with Sato Yo international scholarship foundation to provide a fully funded scholarship award for qualified students.
This scholarship is NOT for Japanese citizens. If you are a student from the below-listed countries, then you are eligible for this scholarship.
- Brunei Darussalam
- East Timor
- Sri Lanka
- The Phillippines, and
Eligible Level of Study
If you seek to pursue a degree in undergraduate studies, master’s, or doctorate, you are eligible.
Eligible Field of Study
Unlike some other scholarships, there is no restriction in the field of study. As long as you are seeking to study or already studying a course Kyushu University offers, you are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Value of the Scholarship
For undergraduate studies, Sato yo scholarship foundation awards qualified students 150,000 yen per month plus additional support to cover the total cost of tuition fees.
For graduate studies, the foundation awards 180,000 yen per month with additional support to cover for tuition fees and all expenses accrued in attending conferences during the course of study
The University stipulates these criteria :
- You must not have acquired Japanese citizenship. This scholarship is strictly for non-Japanese citizens.
- You must be tending well towards the level of exceptional in and possess a unique devotion to your academics.
- You are expected to have an impressive extra-curricular record, with more emphasis laid on the area of social contribution such as regional exchange volunteer activities.
How to Apply
- Before you can be considered eligible for this scholarship, it is expected that you already are a student of Kyusha University or you have applied for enrolment in either an undergraduate study, master or doctoral level program at the university.
- After that condition is justifiably fulfilled, you are to download the application form, complete it, and send it to the address: 1-7-1 Shimomeguro, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 153-0064,Satayo International Scholarship Foundation secretariat, secretaria.
- You can apply through the admission portal of the university. If you are applying with this method, you are expected to apply separately online to the foundation for the scholarship.
You are required to attach the following documents to your scholarship application form:
- Academic Transcripts
- Language ability proof
- A copy/copies of your passport
- A clear photo of you taken recently.
- Personal statements
- Referral Letters with details of the referees included.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Evaluation letter.
- research plan and research result (for those applying for a doctoral degree program)
You are expected to have a good command of both the English Language and Japanese, as there is likely a probability that an interview conducted by either Kyusha university or Sato yo foundation would be in Japanese. You would need to take language tests as evidence of your proficiency.
- If you are enrolling for an undergraduate degree, you are to submit the results of your 12-year academic education duration.
- For a Master’s degree, you are to submit your undergraduate degree
- If you are applying for doctoral studies, your master’s degree certificate is required.
This scholarship award will last for two (2) years. That is the maximum number of years a course of study runs for.
The scheduled deadline for this scholarship application is the 31st of July, 2022.
Kyushu University is rated as one of the best universities in Japan. It offers several research programs and a vast array of disciplines all intended to properly and efficiently groom students for global impact. In cognizance of its motto which is, ‘opening the door to a new century of knowledge,’ Kyushu University makes use of advanced facilities to push education forward.
In view of all these, Kyushu is a prestigious research-intensive university that has established many scholars and can establish you too.
Having gone through the scholarship details, do you think you meet all the requirements? If yes is your answer, I encourage you to go ahead and apply; making adequate preparations for your study at Kyushu University.