Sokoto State University (SSU) Department and Jamb Cut Off Mark 2021/2022 Academic Session
Sokoto State University has a joint admission matriculation board cut-off mark of 160, also known as the JAMB cut-off mark.
Candidates who scored a joint admission board cut-off mark of 160 or above are free to apply for any department at Sokoto State University.
However, the management of the joint admission matriculation board has said that the jamb cut-off mark is subject to change for each 2021/2022 academic session.
Sokoto State University has no department cut-off mark but still maintains its standard by setting up a list of requirements for screening candidates properly before they gain admission into each department at Sokoto State University.
No need to worry, I would also be giving out to you the basic requirements for each department at Sokoto State University, for interested persons who would love to apply.
The management of Sokoto State University also uses this as a medium, to invite interested persons to apply for any department of their choice at Sokoto State University, as long as they can fulfill the requirements listed below.
Department Requirements at Sokoto State University.
- Interested persons should endeavor to choose Sokoto State University as their most preferred Institution (i.e. first choice).
- Interested applicants must have a joint matriculation admission board score of at least 160 and above.
- Interested persons should also note that once they decide to apply for any department at Sokoto State University, they would be required to write a post-utme screening test.
- Interested applicants should note that the date of the post-utme screening test would be communicated to them via their email address or phone number.
- Interested applicants must have at least 5 credits in O level results in mandatory subjects such as Mathematics, English Language, and others.
- Interested persons or applicants applying for direct entry(200 level) into any department at Sokoto State University must have other degrees apart from 5 credit passes in their O level results.
- Applicants or interested persons applying for direct entry(200 level) should have other degrees such as JUPEB/IJMB/Diploma/bachelor degree/OND/HND results or certificates in the relevant and necessary subjects or courses.
Departments at Sokoto State University
Here is a list of faculties and departments at Sokoto State University that interested candidates would want to consider when applying for Sokoto State University.
1. FACULTY OF ARTS AND SOCIAL-SCIENCE
- Department of Arabic and Islamic Studies
- Department of Economics
- Department of linguistics and English
- Geography Department
- History Department
- Department of Nigerian Languages
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Sociology
2. FACULTY OF EDUCATION
- Department of Educational Foundation
- Department of Science Education
- Department of Curriculum Studies.
3. FACULTY OF SCIENCE
- Department of Biology
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Physics.
Interested persons or candidates applying for any department at Sokoto State University should ensure they adhere to the instructions written above.
Please if the information was helpful, share using the appropriate social media pages, and ensure you drop all comments and questions below.