Tabor College International Student Scholarship Grants 2021/2022
And as Christ welcomes all, so does Tabor College.
Tabor College is a Christ-focused and world-changing university that is focused on infusing a Christian ethos in academics. Academics that recognises spiritual formation as essential to flourishing in life and work.
Tabor College welcomed students from all backgrounds and they have an opportunity for students from diverse backgrounds to study at Tabor University.
Yes, Tabor University is offering a scholarship grant for students from outside the US.
This is an undergraduate scholarship that would enable the student at the university in the United States. You should know, however, that Tabor is a Tertiary Institution that shapes and builds a community of professionals such as pastors, teachers, counsellors, youth workers, musicians, creative communicators and intercultural workers.
This is in line with the general mission of the university which is to affect the world positively by curating a world where core Christain values of respect, love and care for the individual, a disposition of hope, a commitment to social justice and equality ate practised and upheld without discrimination.
Students from diverse backgrounds and beliefs are welcome into the table college community of learning that strives for excellence in virtue, as well as in the pursuit of knowledge and the cultivation of skills.
- 100 Excellence Scholarships At the University Of Newcastle For South Asia Students 2021/2022
- Frank Martin Orthoptics Scholarship Grants at University of Technology Sydney 2021/2022
- University of Glasgow African Caribbean Full Fee Waiver 2021/2022
Scholarship Opportunity At Tabor College:
In the normal course of things, Tabor College enrols students who come from over 22 different countries of the world and like that, welcomes students from all over the world to be a part of our community.
Value of the scholarship;
Tabor college offers a $4,500 fund to eligible international students to study any undergraduate course available at Tabor college.
This scholarship, however, does not have full coverage. Tabor College is offering just $4,500 however, the total cost incurred as a student at the college is;
Room & Meals: $10,100
Student Fees: $960
Health Insurance: $1,850
Total Direct Cost: $41,310
So you can see that the scholarship awarded would cover all the costs incurred by schooling at Tabor College.
But don’t despair, in line with this, Tabor College offers employment freedoms. Not only do they give in-house employment opportunities, but they also allow you to combine work with studies as long as it does not affect your academics adversely.
So, if you are thinking of combining work with the school to meet up with the costs incurred, you should know that your employment is limited by the type of student visa you have.
International students on an F-1 student visa are limited in the amount and type of employment they are allowed to do in the United States.
For on-campus employment opportunities, students are permitted to work part-time up to 20 hours a week while in school and a total of 40 hours a week is allowed during vacation periods.
Employment does not need to be related to a major.
Courses Available Under The Scholarship;
The courses that are listed below are open for this scholarship. They are undergraduate faculties available at Tabor College. And they are;
- Bachelor of Education (Primary) Undergraduate Course.
- Diploma in Applied Social Science. Undergraduate Course.
- Bachelor of Applied Social Science. (Youth Work) Undergraduate Course.
- Diploma in Intercultural Studies. Undergraduate Course.
- Bachelor of Ministry. Undergraduate Course.
- Bachelor of Theology. Undergraduate Course.
Documents Required For Application:
- Get/ Posses a student visa.
- All final transcripts – high school/secondary school & college/university
- Transcript of the TOEFL, Duolingo, or ILETS Test
- Send Official Score of either the SAT or ACT
- Complete the International Student Data Sheet.
- Send a declaration of finance – proof that one has the finances to pay for education (Bank Statement, Bank Letter, etc.)
- Submit USD 200 Comprehensive Deposit to be Paid Online
- Present your offer of admission issued by Tabor College and then they will create an I-20, a document that gains international student permission to study in the United States.
Eligibility For Application:
- Every student that wants to apply must be from the outside of USA. This scholarship is not open to citizens of the USA.
- Students can apply only if they are studying the undergraduate programmes offered at Tabor College. Postgraduate studies are not open for this scholarship.
- The applicants must be documented citizens of a country outside of the USA, with documents to prove nationality.
- The applicants must provide all necessary and legitimate documents at the time of application.
- The students must submit scores on the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL – 70
- IELTS – 6.5
- Duolingo – 100.
For International Students:
To be considered for this scholarship, students must have health insurance and at Tabor College which costs$1,850 per year. However, all international students would be covered by the Tabor College insurance policy.
The English language is a major requirement. If the student is coming from a primary English speaking and try and high school level classes taught in English, the director of admissions or vice president may decide to waive the Test of English as a Foreign Language requirement.
But for other foreign students, the minimum TOEFL score is 70 on the internet-based test. The minimum Duolingo score is 100. The minimum IELTS score is 6.5.
Before you start asking your questions there are a few more things you should know:
- As I have already stated, as an international student that wants to apply for this scholarship, you must first make an application for admission must be via the university portal and all students that meet the grant criteria will be considered for the award.
You will not be considered for this scholarship if you don’t have an offer to study at Tabor University.
This scholarship is also open to transfer students.
To submit your application after it is complete, you would need to pay the $50 application fee which then allows you to submit.
You will also need to complete all of the international student forms that apply and return them to the administration office of Tabor College.
Now, if you have any questions, please ask.