The Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) Basic Studies Admission Form For 2021/2022 Academic Session.
Why choose FUTA as your first choice of institution?
The federal university of technology Akure is located in Ondo State, Nigeria. It is one of the highest-ranking universities of technology in Nigeria.
The Federal University of Technology has grown since its establishment by the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) in the year 1981.
The Federal University of Technology aims to promote technological advancement by indulging itself in research purposes for the benefit of the nation and the world at large.
With over 10 different schools and various departments, the federal University has been able to put uphold credible standards in checkmating everyone including lecturers and students.
What is the University of Technology, Akure Basic study?
The University of Technology, Akure basic study is a pre-degree program ranging from [6months-1year]. The Basic Study is also known as the pre-degree science program at the Federal University of Technology, Akure.
This is a program that gives students greater chances of gaining admission into their preferred choice of study at the Federal University of Technology [FUTO without using the conventional admission process.
The Basic Study serves as an opportunity for students to know the pros and cons of the institution. The Baic Study program would run for two semesters/one academic session.
In recent times, young adults especially those who were not up to 16 were sent by parents to go for Basic Studies as the program greatly lead to the development of these children, it gave them an idea of what the outside world would be without their parents/guidances.
How to apply for the University of Technology, Akure Basic Study:
- candidates/applicants must have a result either NECO/WAEC/SSCE with at least 5 credit passes in either Art or Science related subjects as the case may be, mathematics and English must be included among the five credited subjects, please not more than 2 combinations of results would be accepted for admission into Basic Studies at the Federal University of Technology.
(a) A pass in Physics is only acceptable in the following departments:
- Department of Estate Management
- Department of Industrial Design
- Department of Urban and Regional Planning
- Department of Agricultural Economics and Extension
- Department of Ecotourism and wildlife management
- Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture Technology
- Department of Crop Soil and Pest Management
(b) A pass in Chemistry is only acceptable in the Department of Architecture at the Federal University of Technology, Akure.
- Candidates should visit the school website and fill out the form @www.futa.edu.ng and make payments into the school account, further guidelines on how to complete the registration process for the school of Basic Studies at the Federal University of Technology would be given after payment on the website.
Before candidates/applicants are admitted into the Undergraduate program at the Federal University of Technology they must be able to fulfill the following requirement below;
- During the ongoing program of Basic studies, candidates must register for the next upcoming jamb and score at least 180 before they would be considered for admission into their preferred department.
- candidates/applicants must fill the Federal University of Technology as their first choice of the institution while applying for jamb.
- Candidates at the end of the program would be given a final exam they must at least score 50% before they would be considered for admission into their preferred department at the Federal University of Technology, Akure.
In conclusion, candidates who have written jamb over and over again are advised to apply for school of basic studies in their preferred institution as this would give them an edge over others.
Candidates during the basic program would also be enlightened on how to prepare for the next joint admission matriculation board examination [JAMB].