The University of Bristol Think Big About Innovation Scholarships For International Students 2021/2022
What comes to your mind when you hear of ‘Think Big’? If you have read Ben Carson’s Think Big, you might probably equate his story to the meaning. It simply means having plans to be successful or powerful; to succeed despite your present situation.
According to David Burkus, innovation means the application of ideas that are novel and useful. So, thinking big about innovation can be said to mean ‘looking at the big picture of the future and applying ideas that are useful in solving challenges or issues ‘.
The University of Bristol has that big picture and the desire to help people with similar big thoughts achieve their dreams; thus, the Think Big about Innovation Scholarship.
- Harbin Engineering University International Marine Scholarship Grants 2021/2022
- University of Saskatchewan International Scholarship Grants 2021/2022
- Leeds University Ph.D. Scholarship Awards 2021/2022
- Dr Valeria Fleming STEM Scholarship Grants at Fayetteville State University 2021/2022
The University of Bristol is a Red-Brick Russel university located in Bristol, England. Its motto is the Latin Phrase, ‘vim promovet Insitam’ translated to English as ‘[learning] promotes one’s innate power ‘ (from Horace, Ode 4.4).
The University has six faculties composed of multiple schools and different departments running over 200 courses, largely in the Tyndall’s Park area of the city.
The University of Bristol is one of the most well-known and successful universities in the United Kingdom ranked 62nd in the world in the QS World University Rankings 2022. It has many rankings. Some include:
- 14th in The Guardian University Guide
- One of the top 5 universities targeted by top UK recruiters (High Fliers Research)
- Top 10 UK universities by QS World University Rankings 2022
- Joint seventh (7th) for UK graduate employability (QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2022)
- Home to the best business incubator in the world (UBI Global 2019)
- Top five (5) universities for research (2014 REF)
- Thirteen (13) Nobel Prize winners are linked to the University, including the current Chancellor, Sir Paul Nurse.
- 9th in Europe for teaching
- 26 subjects highly ranked as the world’s top 100 by QS World Subject Rankings 2022
- AlAlumnif the University of Bristol Re among the highest paid graduates in the United Kingdom.
- Ranked as UK’s top 10 universities in the League Tables.
The University is making headway in global research; having innovations in areas ranging from cot death prevention to nanotechnology.
Before the University of Bristol came about, there was University College, Bristol. University College, Bristol existed from 1876 to 1909 and was a precursor to the establishment of the University of Bristol.
After 33 years of struggle, on May 24th, 1909, the Charter, approved by King Edward VII for the establishment of the university came into effect and the University of Bristol came into existence.
Among its Academics, it currently has forty (40) Fellows of the Royal Society, thirteen (13) fellows of the Royal Academy of Engineering, twenty-one (21) fellows of the Academy of Medical Sciences, and thirteen (13) Fellows of the British Academy which is a remarkable achievement for a small institution.
The University is a member of the Russell Group of research-intensive British universities, the European-wide Coimbra Group, and the Worldwide universities network of which the university’s previous vice-Chancellor, Eric Thomas, was chairman from 2005 to 2997.
Additionally, the university holds an Erasmus Charter, sending more than 509 students per year to partner institutions in Europe.
The University is associated with three (3) Ig Nobel Prizes, an award for unusual achievements in scientific research.
Among its alumni are notable men in the world of different professions. Amongst the many are: Paul Dirac who went on to win the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1933 for his contribution to quantum mechanics and is considered one of the most notable physicists of the 20th Century.
Eliahu Nissim, a Professor of aeronautical engineering, and the president of the Open University of Israel.
Writers who studied at the University of Bristol include Dorothy Simpson, David Gibbons, Olivier award-winning playwright Laura Wade and a host of others.
The University of Bristol has a proud history of giving women equal opportunities both student and staff and promoting gender equality.
So, if you are a woman considering this university as an option, this fact should boost your morale. It also promotes international studies as it is open to international students, boasting of having students from about 120 different countries studying at the University.
The University of Bristol Think Big About Innovation Scholarships For International Students
Every year, the University of Bristol, dedicated to the support of intelligent and outstanding students, offers scholarships to successful applicants.
For the 2022 – 2023 academic session, there are three (3) scholarship awards to be given which are valued at €5,000 and must be used towards the cost of tuition for a one-year programme at the Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
- Application Deadline:
- Round one deadline: 1010 am UK time) 28 March 2022 – closed!
- Round Two deadline: 10 am (UK time) 13 June 2022
- Eligible Countries: All international countries.
- Scholarship Type: Postgraduate degree
- Value of awards: €5,000
- Eligible Field of Study:
- MSc Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- MA Creative Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- MSc Business Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- MSc Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- MSc Technology Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
- Eligibility: The following conditions must be fulfilled for one to be eligible for the award. Applicants must:
- Be classified as overseas students for fee purposes, already hold an offer whether conditional or unconditional, to start a one-year full-time Master’s degree in September 2022.
- Gather all crucial supporting documents and upload them to the applicant portal.
- Submit scores of the following English Language Proficiency Tests:
CEFR – B2
IELTS – 5.5
- Application Process: Applicants are instructed to start postgraduate admission applications online on the University portal. After that, they are qualified to start and complete the online application form for this award.
- Supporting Documents: Participants are mandated to submit the following documents to the University and upload them to the applicant portal:
- Two Academic References
- Scanned University Degree
- Personal Statement
- Research Proposal
- Further Details: Applicants will automatically be considered for any other University of Bristol international scholarships that they are eligible for.
- They need not go through the process of application for scholarship awards again. The process is the same for all University of Bristol International scholarship awards.