Uniport Departments and Jamb Cut Off Mark 2021/2022 Academic Session
This question is asked more frequently than you could ever imagine, another question asked is what do I need to score in a jamb to gain admission into the University of Port Harcourt?
Well, ask no more I would be giving you all the necessary information you would need.
As someone who was once a jambite, oh I know how it must feel trying to gain admission, so in this article, I would discuss the perfect cut-off mark you need to get into uniport, and yes!
Just in case you are yet to write jamb then you sure are at a greater advantage as you would have an idea on how to prepare for jamb and the required cut of mark you would need.
Why do I feel those who already wrote jamb, seem nervous already, but guess what you shouldn’t be.
Make sure to read this information below, I saw a post that stated thus “the University of Port-Harcourt [UNIPORT] cut off mark is 150.
The management of the University of Port Harcourt has announced 150 and above as the latest cut-off mark for the school for 2021/2022 admission”.
I could only imagine the surprise on your face yes I was as well, so with a jamb score as low as 150, you could gain admission into uniport.
But mind you, there are two types of uniport cut-off marks namely; uniport general cut-off marks and departmental cut-off marks.
In order words, a cut-off mark of 150 and above must be met by the candidate in order to apply for the university, so I would advise you not to buy the uniport post utme form if your jamb cut-off is not up to 150 or above 150.
So basically it’s one thing gaining admission into the university of Port Harcourt and its another thing getting into your preferred department, but of course, don’t get discouraged, uniport departmental cut-off marks for all courses are cut off marks released after the university of Port Harcourt post utme screening exercise.
What is The Cut-off Mark for Uniport Departments
Uniport departmental cut off marks for all courses are cut off marks released after the university of Port-Harcourt screening exercise, available faculties are listed below;
- Agricultural science
- Health sciences
- Management sciences
- Social sciences
- School of science laboratory technology
To check for other available departments at the University of Port-Harcourt, visit the brochure at www.uniport.edu.ng for more information.
So you could get a jamb score as low as 150 and proceed to write the departmental screening test, this test would then determine your admission into your preferred department, as I earlier stated each department has a different screening cut-off mark.
But not to worry I would be giving you an idea of the scores needed to gain entrance into these various departments.
Faculty Of Agricultural Science
- Crop and soil science -180
- Animal science and fisheries-180
- Agricultural economics and extension -180
- Forestry and wildlife management-180
College Of Health Sciences
- Medicine and surgery -200
- Nursing -200
- Human anatomy -200
- Human physiology-200
- Dentistry and dental surgery-200
- Adult and non formal education -180
- Human kinetics and health edjcation-180
- Educational psychology- 180
- Curriculum studies educational technology -180
Faculty Of Engineering
- Civil engineering -180
- Electrical engineering- 200
- Mechanical engineering -200
- Chemical engineering- 200
- Petroleum engineering- 200
- Gas engineering- 200
- Environmental engineering- 180
- Theatre art – 180
- English studies- 180
- Foreign language and literature-180
- History and diplomatic studies- 180
- Liquistics and communication studies-180
- Philosophy- 180
- Religious and cultural studies- 180
- Fine art and design -180
- Pharmacy -200
Faculty Of Management Sciences
- Accounting- 200
- Finance and banking -200
- Tourism and hospitality management -200
- Political and administrative studies- 200
- Sociology- 200
- Biochemistry -180
- Plant science and biotechnology- 180
- Animal and environmental biology-180
- Computer science – 180
- Mathematics and statistics -180
- Pure and industrial chemistry – 180
SCIENCE LABORATORY TECHNOLOGY – 200
SO guys, the information above on various cut-off marks for departments isn’t to get you scared, but to prepare your mind even as you prepare for the next jamb and post ume to your various preferred department.
So when preparing for the next jamb ensure to do better and aim higher to gain admission into your preferred department at the University of Port Harcourt.
A wise philosopher once said, “knowledge is power”.