University of St Andrews MSc Statistical Ecology Scholarships for International Students in the UK 2021/2022
The University of St Andrews is delighted to announce the availability of scholarship opportunities for students from different parts of the world to come to study at the University located in the UK.
Honestly, the University of St Andrews offers several scholarships to cover MSc tuition fees to selected successful applicants. However, in this article, we would be focusing on the MSc Statistical Ecology Scholarships offered by the University of St Andrews for the 2022 academic session.
This scholarship is under the school of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of St Andrews.
The university Is known for being a top tier in the multidisciplinary Centre for Research into Ecological and Environmental Modelling.
Also, the MSc in Statistical Ecology is taught by CREEM staff and the research dissertation element of the programme takes advantage of CREEM’s links with researchers across the globe to give students opportunities to contribute to solving current real-world problems in statistical ecology.
And because of the abundance of knowledge and highly trained teachers, the research Center St Andrews has been praised for producing excellent results.
So, the University of St Andrews, UK, is a good choice if you want to study a course like Statistical Ecology which would involve heavy and high-level research.
Now, you’re probably wondering who and what countries are eligible for this scholarship. I will tell you in a minute.
- King’s University First-Year Chemistry Achievement Awards for International Students in Canada 2021/2022
- University of Freiburg Financial Aid for International Students in Germany 2021/2022
- Grand View University International Student Scholarship Grants 2021/2022
Who Can Apply For University of St Andrews MSc Statistical Ecology Scholarships for International Students in the UK 2021/2022
Generally, this scholarship is just for international students and exceptional domestic students who are already in the department of statistical ecology (MSc).
But, below are the defined candidates who are going to be considered for this scholarship first;
- Priority may be given to applicants from “Developing economies” as defined by the United Nations.
- Priority may be given to applicants with an outstanding academic record, whether domestic or international.
- Preference may be given to applicants with a record of using statistical ecology methods in their work.
- The University of St Andrews may give preference to applicants who can demonstrate that what they learn on the MSc will have an impact on some specific problem(s) in statistical ecology.
After reading this, I like to believe that you have found yourself eligible so onto the next. What does this scholarship cover?
What is the Value of University of St Andrews MSc Statistical Ecology Scholarships for International Students in the UK 2021/2022
This exclusive scholarship offered to international and domestic students for the MSc in Statistical Ecology at the University of St. Andrews will cover the tuition fee of the programme for 1 year of study.
This is not a full coverage scholarship for your entire academic stay at St Andrews University, but it removes the burden, especially on international students who would have to relocate, so you can focus on other expenses till you are settled down by your second year at the University of St Andrews.
However, this scholarship is a postgraduate scholarship in the department of Statistical Ecology (MSc) which usually lasts a year (if it is a full-time study). This means that this scholarship might just cover your entire academic stay!
So yes, this is a postgraduate scholarship, so obviously you must have been certified somewhere else, particularly if you are an international student, but not all degrees are recognized by the University of St Andrews and one of the major documents you are to present is your certificate of higher education. Therefore I shall list them.
Certificates Recognised By The University of St Andrews For Postgraduate Study:
The minimum requirement set by the University for admission as a postgraduate research student is ;
- An upper second class Honours degree from a UK University (or an equivalent international degree).
Although, even if you meet this requirement, it does not guarantee admission to the School’s PhD programme.
Selection is made based on the academic quality of the applicants, and you usually need an excellent first-class Honours degree (or international equivalent).
- Also for this scholarship, St Andrews requires that the first degree of an applicant is in Mathematics, Statistics or a very closely related subject.
These are the basic requirements. But, to support this, you would need other documents to back it up, and it is listed below.
Other Documents Required For University of St Andrews MSc Statistical Ecology Scholarships for International Students in the UK 2021/2022
- CV or resume. This should include your personal details with a history of your education and employment to date.
- Two original signed academic references – these will be requested when you have given contact details in your online application.
- Academic transcripts and degree certificates – upload scanned copies.
- English language requirements certificate.
- As part of the application, you will be asked to provide a personal statement, in which you may want to say how your application relates to these criteria, and/or provide other details in support of your application.
- Also, you must have a 1 undergraduate Honours degree in a relevant discipline (for example, biological sciences, ecology, mathematics, statistics, environmental science or computer science) or a 2.2 in a relevant discipline and equivalent work experience (for example, at least 12 months working in a relevant field).
About St Andrews University :
It’s about time for you to know about the university that is offering the opportunity.
Why, you may wonder, is the university offering this great opportunity? Well, according to the statement released by the University of St Andrews, The University always aims to provide financial advice and assistance to students who are struggling with money worries. I mean, the university is named after a Saint, I guess that means charity?
The University of St Andrews is a unique place to study and live. It has a world-class reputation, it also offers a diverse range of social activities, including over 140 student societies and 50 sports clubs.
The education at St Andrew’s is cutting-edge. The facilities are superb for research and practical problems, to flexible assessment methods, the University aims to ensure that all students get as much as possible from a St Andrews education.
And for the social butterfly, the university is nestled on the east coast of Scotland, students may find themselves crossing golf courses on their way to class, or jogging along the beach after dinner.
At St Andrew’s, historic buildings are set in contrasting yet complementing sides against the modern facilities plus the many student traditions truly make studying at St Andrew’s an unforgettable experience.
Most importantly, the University of St Andrews offers support.
From career crises to health issues, the University is committed to offering all of our students help, guidance and advice wherever it is needed.
This scholarship offered by St Andrews is proposed to give students opportunities to contribute to solving current real-world problems in statistical ecology.
To be considered for a PhD place you must make a formal application via the University of St Andrews online application form. Please read the instructions carefully before you apply. You should clearly state the research group you are applying for and who you would like to supervise your studies.
Also, before you can apply for this MSc Statistical Ecology Scholarship offered by St Andrews, you must either be a student in the department already, or you have received an offer to study, then you can go ahead to apply for the scholarship.
This scholarship is not trapped by borders. It is not limited to any country, students from all over the world can apply.
Also, as already stated but again for emphasis, the level of study available for this scholarship is a postgraduate Masters, it is not for undergraduate study. And the subject supported is MSc Statistical Ecology, under the schools
Mathematics & Statistics. Any other subject would be invalid.
The Scholarship application deadline is
Friday 29 April 2022, and if your application has been successful, it would be announced through a chosen channel by 28 May 2022.
All applications must include the following supplementary documentation as listed above under ‘Other Documents’
Finally, the School does not mandate a research proposal or a sample of written work.
If you have questions please ask.