University of Sussex Draper Scholarship Grants For International Students 2021/2022.
A scholarship is a grant or a payment; financial aid designated to support a student’s education, awarded on the basis of academic or other achievements. For centuries, sponsors of scholarships have achieved their aim – helping students further education – and have immensely touched lives.
The sponsors of the University of Sussex Draper scholarship Grants for international students are no exemption. For years, they have offered opportunities for students to further their education, helping education thrive and assisting individuals live their dreams.
This article will give a brief introduction to the Prestigious University of Sussex, the only University in the United Kingdom, that is situated in a National Park. It will also introduce the Draper scholarship grant available for 2021/2022, as well as intimate you on how to go about applying for the scholarship grant.
The University of Sussex, founded in 1961 is located in Falmer, East Sussex England. It falls in Brighton and Hove, one of the United Kingdoms’ most iconic cities, but spills into Lewes District on its Eastern fringes.
- Teesside University International Development Scholarship Grants 2021/2022
- Merit Awards at Asia Pacific University for International Students 2021/2022
- University of Hartford International Student Scholarships 2021/2022
- 100 Excellence Scholarships At the University Of Newcastle For South Asia Students 2021/2022
It is a university with research as a core strength, endeavouring to carry out high-quality research that applies to real-life issues, pressing global policy agendas, and business practices. Her famous courses include development studies, history, and English.
Her fee for international students ranges from €16,750 – 19,200 with numerous available scholarship options to aid students to fund their tuition.
The University of Sussex prides itself in having five (5) Nobel Prize winners, fifteen (15) Fellows of the Royal Society, ten (10) Fellows of the British Academy, twenty-four (24) fellows of the Academy of Social Sciences, and a winner of the Crafoord Prize among its faculty.
The university is internationally recognized for bringing together top-notch and dynamic academics from distinct academic disciplines and formulates an approach that guarantees significant and satisfying results. It is ranked highly in League Tables across the world and was awarded silver in the teaching excellence framework.
The university was praised for the very high proportion of Sussex students from all backgrounds (international and national; reflecting around 140 different nationalities) who completed their course and go on to highly skilled employment or further study.
The University encourages students to speak up on issues that becloud them, and their beliefs, creating an atmosphere for peaceful learning and the possibility of a broadened horizon.
It is because of this fact that students of the University of Sussex are considered the second happiest students in the world with the university scoring eighty-two (82%) percent in satisfaction following the last National Students Survey.
The University has 18,510 students and thirty-five (35%) are overseas students. It is a leading university for international students. She consistently performs well in the International Student Barometer, offering funded work placements as part of its student support and degree programmes. The university boasts of several rankings and namings, some include:
– University of the year for student retention by the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022
– 160th best university in the world by Times Higher Education
– 4th in the United Kingdom for research influence.
– 101st-150th in Academic ranking of world universities.
– 226th in QS Global world university ranking 2022.
– 47th in the Times University Guide 2022
– 44th in the Guardian university guide 2022
– 60th for Business and economics (QS World University Rankings by subject 2019).
– 54th for social sciences (QS World University Rankings by subject 2019)
– 89th for psychology (QS World University Rankings by subject 2019)
– 86th for law (QS World University Rankings by subject 201)
– 1st in the world for development studies (QS World University Rankings by subject 2017 – 2022)
Draper Scholarship Grants
The University of Sussex Draper scholarship grant is named after Professor Colonel Gerald Draper. He joined the university in the post of Reader in 1967 and during his 13 years at Sussex, Draper was key in the setting up of what is presently Sussex Law School.
The scholarship is a donation, awarded as a tuition fee reduction, and can be combined with another university of Sussex scholarships including the Sussex graduate scholarship.
It is open every academic year for both national and international students.
Currently, there are 3 scholarships of €3,000 available to applicants for a master’s course in the department of law, commencing September 2022. Successful applicants will receive €3,000 for any legal degree which will be applied to their tuition expenses.
Applicants would be accessed based on experience, achievement, ambition, and a passion to succeed, as the university provides its academic opportunities so that its students can make a difference in the world.
International Students seeking to enrol for a Master’s degree at the University of Sussex, United Kingdom can apply for the following fields:
– Criminal Law and Criminal Justice LLM
– Information Technology and Intellectual Property Law LLM
– International Commercial Law LLM
– Law LLM or Law Ma
– Graduate diploma in law (GDL) or common professional examination (CPE)
– International Trade Law LLM
– International Human Rights Law LLM
– International Finance Law LLM
– International Law LLM
Not eligible for any master’s degree not taught in the department of law.
Aspirants must have been offered and accepted a place on one of the above courses, starting at Sussex in September 2022.
All national and international students are eligible for application.
• How To Apply: Aspirants should apply for the master’s Law programme of their choice at Sussex.
The scholarship application form must be completed and applied for independently of the law program of choice.
• Supporting Documents
The following documents are required for presentation:
– Certificates, transcripts or grades, personal statement, academic references, and resume.
• Admission Requirement
The applicant must at least have a second class upper or lower second class undergraduate honours degree (or equivalent) depending on the Law course they are applying for.
• Language Requirement
The candidates are mandated to submit scores on the following English proficiency tests:
IELTS – 6.5
TOEFL IBT – 88
PTE – 63
CAE – 176
CPE – 176
Duolingo – 115.
• APPLICATION DEADLINE: The application closes July 1, 2022. 23:55.