University of Waterloo Mathematics National Grants 2021/2022
If you have the brain for calculations and numbers, I admire you—no, I envy you. How are you so smart?
And because of that admiration, I feel towards you, I am introducing you to this golden opportunity for you to showcase your brainpower and get a scholarship out of it! (See? I truly admire you.)
The University of Waterloo (weird name, I know, just continue reading) is offering an entrance scholarship to undergraduate students enrolled in any program in the Faculty of Mathematics, who have preferably participated (and performed spectacularly) in either the Euclid Mathematics Contest and/or the Canadian Senior Mathematics Contest.
If you would humour me and read to the end, I will gently break down all the details of the University of Waterloo Mathematics National Grants, so you, my dear math whiz, can go on to apply and succeed.
- Macquarie University Early Acceptance Scholarship Awards for Mongolia Students 2021/2022
- Old Dominion University International Merit Scholarship Grants 2021/2022
- Birkbeck University of London International Scholarship Grants 2021/2022
- Chinese Government Grants for International Students at Zhejiang University 2021/2022
- Direct Entry Admission Scholarships at the University of Manitoba 2021/2022
- Dr Valeria Fleming STEM Scholarship Grants at Fayetteville State University 2021/2022
- University of Central Oklahoma Mr and Miss International Scholarships 2021/2022
About University of Waterloo Mathematics National Grants:
This is an undergraduate entrance scholarship for students who are citizens of Canada and are enrolled at Waterloo, in the Faculty of Mathematics (excluding Software Engineering and Computing and Financial Management).
This scholarship has a competitive advantage, it is a mathematics scholarship meaning that applicants are supposed to show a high level of brilliance in the field of math and in order to do that (apart from your results and GP) you need to have participated in the Euclid Mathematics Contest and/or the Canadian Senior Mathematics Contest.
The students who have partaken in any of the above contests would automatically have an eye over others who have not as the University of Waterloo scholarship committee would judge based on our above competition.
These scholarships are awarded to incoming undergraduate students enrolled in any of the eligible programs which are;
- Mathematics in Business Administration
- Computer Science in Business Administration.
- Mathematics/Financial Analysis and Risk Management.
- Computer Science
- Mathematics/Business Administration
- Mathematics/Chartered Professional Accountancy.
Value of University of Waterloo Mathematics National Grants;
Approximately 10 scholarships, valued at $12,000 to $25,000 are granted to ten different Canadian students and it covers over eight academic terms.
However, as a recipient of this scholarship, to extend the payments past your first year of study is solely dependent on your ability in maintaining an overall academic average of 80% or greater and continued enrolment in an approved program.
Eligibility Criteria For University of Waterloo Mathematics National Grants 2022/2023;
- The applying student must be of Canadian origin.
- The typical candidate will have a distinguished academic standing, especially in mathematics, as well as a record of accomplishments in mathematics and/or computer science contests throughout high school.
- Students must be applying with postsecondary education. (Candidates who have obtained a different form of higher education from the University of Waterloo or another university are not eligible for this scholarship.)
- For students who are not English fluent (e.g. students whose high schools were outside Canada and other English speaking countries), you would be required to meet the English language requirements.
- Candidates will also be expected to demonstrate an interest in mathematics or computer science beyond standard course requirements.
- Candidates must have first received an invitation to study at the University of Waterloo.
Extracurricular willingness and participation and achievement in student government, athletics, music, and art are also considered and could give such candidates a winning edge.
Required As An Undergraduate Student At The University of Waterloo:
One of the main eligibility requirements is that you must be admitted or received an offer to study at the University of Waterloo in the faculty of mathematics.
Below is the list of requirements you would need if you are willing to apply to the University of Waterloo.
Remember, this is a national scholarship— aka, for Canadian students— so most of the requirements are based on the Canadian educational standard.
Yes, this requirement is for Canadian students who attended high school in Canada.
- Required courses:
These are the subjects you should have on your high school certificate to be eligible for the faculty of mathematics at the Univ. Of Waterloo;
- Advanced Functions 4U
- Calculus and Vectors 4U
- Any Grade 12 U English
- One other Grade 12 U course
- Recommended courses:
Unlike the above, these are helpful courses that boost your certificate and your chances of getting admitted by the faculty of mathematics at the Univ. Of Waterloo;
- Grade 11 U Introduction to Computer Science
- Grade 12 M Principles of Financial Accounting.
Other Requirements For University of Waterloo Mathematics National Grants:
- High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of six Grade 12 U or M courses, including all required courses.
For students that went to high school outside Canada; The high school must reach the Canadian standard of international education before it can be considered.
- Grade 12 U or M courses must be completed through schools that are accredited by the Ontario Ministry of Education.
As I stated earlier, the high school must be screened to ensure it meets standards.
- You must complete the Scholarship application form to be listed under valid applications.
- Students who have participated in the Euclid Mathematics Contest and/or the Canadian Senior Mathematics Contest will have an advantage.
The results of these contests will be used in scholarship decisions and possibly admission decisions for programs in the Faculty of Mathematics.
- An Admission Information Form (AIF) is required for admission to this program.
Instructions for the AIF will be sent once your application has been received by the University of Waterloo.
- For the list of required courses, required courses that are more than three years old may need to be updated.
This is for students who take a gap year (s). If your year gap is up to three years, an update would be required.
This is it! All you need to know concerning University of Waterloo Mathematics National Grants.
This scholarship can also be granted to students who do not even apply for it, especially if they meet the eligibility criteria for the University of Waterloo Mathematics National Grants.
Although it is advised that you apply to further increase your chances.
Finally, all applications are to be submitted before February 9, 2022.
If you have any more questions, please ask!