University of West Florida Latin American Caribbean Scholarships in USA 2021/2022
If you are a Latin American student or of Caribbean citizenship, and you want to study in the USA, there is a scholarship, especially for you.
The University of West Florida (UWF) has an open spot for Undergraduate students of Latin America and Caribbean citizenship.
UWF is known for being highly supportive of its students by providing various financial aids to support students of UWF during their academic journey. Because of that, it was rated among the top universities with the lowest amount of student debt. It is perfect for students who are not financially buoyant, but still want to get a quality education.
The Latin American Caribbean Scholarships in the USA provided by the University of West Florida are specially designed for Latin American countries and Caribbean Students. Undergraduate students from these countries are eligible for this scholarship.
If you are a citizen of an eligible country, then read on to get everything you need to know about this scholarship.
If you are not a citizen of the eligible countries, read on still, we would point you to other financial aids offered by the University of West Florida for people like you.
- Torrens University New Brisbane Scholarships for International Students in Australia 2021/2022
- THE University of York GREAT Scholarship Awards for International Students 2021/2022
- Liverpool John Moores University Sports Scholarships for International Students In UK 2021/2022
- Arden University Regional Scholarships for International Students in UK 2021/2022
Value Of University of West Florida Latin American Caribbean Scholarships in the USA 2021/2022
Unlike other international scholarships, this is full-time. It homes throughout your study duration at the University of West Florida.
This means that, regardless of how long your course of study is, the University of West Florida would foot the tuition bills.
However, to maintain that and for the University of West Florida to continue to pay your fees, you have to sustain a cumulative GPA of 2.75 and maintain all other eligibility requirements. And we are going to list these eligibility requirements below.
Eligibility Requirements For Value Of University Of West Florida Latin American Caribbean Scholarships In Usa 2021/2022:
- Citizenship is in a Latin American or Caribbean country: As mentioned earlier, you can only enter this scholarship if you are from either country. Otherwise, it would be considered invalid.
- Students have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher: You must maintain this. A drop in your GPA might lead to the loss of this scholarship.
- The student has been admitted to a degree-seeking undergraduate program that is not online; this is not an online scholarship. You need to come to the campus to learn, which is why it is an international scholarship. Also, this scholarship is for undergraduate students alone.
- The student has or is pursuing an F-1 student visa: This type of visa is for students that are pursuing an academic degree and the University of Florida demands you have one or are in the process of getting one as an eligibility requirement.
- The student is not currently and will not in the future be on a scholarship through the Athletics department: this scholarship prohibits you from gaining any scholarship through Sports of any type.
- Students must present a receipt of a High School Transcript with Credentials.
- Students must present a receipt of SAT or ACT Scores: you must meet these test scores as an admissions requirement as referenced in UWF Regulation.
- If the student schooled at a U.S. college, he must have completed at least 3.0 credit hours with a letter grade of C or higher in both: English Composition and Mathematics (college level)
- If the student is not from a country in the English Proficiency Exam exempt countries list, they must satisfy the English proficiency requirement.
- If the student did not attend school in the USA, the student must submit official copies of any / all academic work (secondary school and any post-secondary college or university) to an approved credential evaluation company for a course-by-course-credit evaluation with grade point average (GPA) calculation. Students should request that the credentialing agency send both the evaluation report and the official transcript(s) to us directly once completed.
- Applicants with transcripts that are not in English must also submit a transcript translation in addition to the course-by-course evaluation.
Other Required Documents:
Students must submit official copies of any / all academic work (secondary school to an approved credential evaluation company for a course-by-course-credit evaluation with grade point average (GPA) calculation.
International students who did not go to school in the USA must meet the international students requirements, and also would need to apply and meet requirements as a freshman student. UWF conducts a holistic review, and students may be admitted below the thresholds listed below. Please note that meeting the admissions requirements below does not guarantee admission to the university, nor does it give you an edge during the scholarship selection.
Deadline For University of West Florida Latin American Caribbean Scholarships in USA 2021/2022 Application:
The application for the Latin American and Caribbean scholarships is on July 1st. Afterwards, entry is closed.
Also, the University of West Florida Latin American Caribbean Scholarships in the USA does not stipulate or demand specific courses to be offered before you are eligible for this scholarship.
As long as you are an undergraduate student who meets the desired requirements, you are welcome to apply for this scholarship with any course you want as long as it is offered at the University of Florida.