Verizon Teacher Discount For 2023
Verizon has a variety of discounts available for all educators, from K-12 teachers to college and university faculty.
In most cases, it doesn’t always have to be about getting a loan. Discounts can be an excellent opportunity for you to live your best life.
If you’re a teacher looking for a Verizon teacher discount, this article gives you all you need to know about the Verizon teacher discount, detailing its requirements and eligibility status.
Read Also: 20 Best Songs About Schools
Verizon Teacher Discount
The Verizon Teacher Discount is a standing offer for anyone who works in education. It is a program offered by Verizon Wireless that provides discounts to educators and school staff.
The discount is only available to those who qualify for the discount. Teachers can get 20% off their monthly phone bill through the Verizon Teacher Discount Program.
- 1 phone – $10/month discount per account
- 2 – 3 phones – $25/month discount per account
- 4+ phones – $20/month discount per account*
To qualify, you must work for an accredited school or K-12 educational institution in the United States and be employed full-time with a valid school email address.
It is worth noting that the 20% discount for teachers is only available at certain times of the year, and this is known as the “Teacher Appreciation Discount” and usually happens in May and August.
The Company is one of the United States’ leading cell phone providers. You may qualify for a Verizon teacher discount on your monthly service payments and discounts on selected Verizon accessories and devices if you are a teacher.
Read Also: 10 Things Every Student Is Tired of Hearing
Verizon provides great discounts to teachers and, by extension, all educators and school staff.
Verizon is an American telecommunications company with more than 150 million subscribers. According to a statistic report, in 2019, it became America’s largest wireless communications service provider.
The company offers wireless products and services. They provide 4G Long-term Evolution (LTE) network coverage to 99% of the population in the United States, more than any other carrier. It is one of the first companies to offer 5G technology in parts of the United States.
Verizon Teacher Discount Eligibility
- To be eligible for the Verizon teacher discount, you need to prove that you’re currently employed as a teacher at one of these schools or organizations: To qualify for the teacher discount, you must work in a public or private;
- K-12 school,
- College or university in the US, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, or Guam.
- You can provide proof by uploading a picture of your pay stub or creating a means to verify your employment online or over the phone.
- Teachers can get 15% off their Verizon Wireless phone bill. The discount also applies to data plans, so if you use more than 5GB of data per month, this discount will help you save.
You May Like: International Scholarships
Details About The Verizon Teacher Discount Program
- Teachers can save up to 15% on their monthly mobile phone plan.
- The discount is available for one set of services and cannot be combined with other discounts.
- It is available to new and existing customers. Existing customers must register online or by phone.
Eligible Teachers For Verizon Discount
- Private and public elementary, middle, and high school teachers in the US
- University professors in the United States.
- Public administrators or private K-12 schools in the United States
- Homeschool teachers who teach children from kindergarten through 12th grade.
How Much Can You Save?
Verizon Teacher Discount offers eligible teachers a 25% discount on the monthly service fee for one smartphone line on an eligible plan.
That is based on an $80 per month Verizon 4G LTE smartphone plan comparison with 16GB shared data for four lines and a $60 per month 4G LTE smartphone.
You can combine the Verizon teacher discount with other Verizon Wireless discounts, such as military and senior discounts, but not with other employee discounts. Discounts include unlimited calls and texts, data access, and international calls.
More On The Verizon Teacher Discount Requirements
Many teachers and other education professionals can discount their phone bills through Verizon.
These include a discount on the basic plan plus additional discounts for those part of a union or professional organization. Here are some added eligibility requirements you need to know.
Read Also: Top Mormon Colleges And Universities
- The base discount is available to anyone who works at a public or private school, university, or college in the United States, as well as home schooling parents. Those working for any government agency related to education are also eligible.
- Also, those who work for an organization that is part of the National Education Association (NEA), the American Federation of Teachers (AFT), or the American Federation of School Administrators (AFSA)—the unions representing education professionals in the U.S.—are eligible for an extra discount.
- Verizon discounts should automatically apply when you sign up online. However, if you’re already a customer and don’t claim the discount, you need to call the Verizon customer support center to request it. Verizon CC 800-922-0204
- Verizon also offers discounts to active duty service members, veterans, and military family members through the Veterans Advantage program.
- Verizon also offers a discount to teachers, students, and employees of educational institutions.
- The discount varies depending on which plan you choose and what type of line you’re adding, but it can be up to $40 off your bill each month. The Verizon Teacher Discount is not publicly advertised but is available to teachers employed full-time in a K-12 school or accredited child care center.
Verizon Teacher Discount: How To Apply
To apply for the Verizon Teacher Discount, you must first sign up online for the Smart Rewards.
Smart Rewards is Verizon’s loyalty program that gives members points toward discounts on future purchases on prizes like cruises, gift cards, and electronics. You can also apply via the customer center and have the code redeemed over your cell phone.
Read Also: What Is An SBEC Certification In Teaching?
It’s free to join, though some promotions require signing up for Verizon text messages. If you’ve already joined the Smart Rewards program, log in and visit this page to add a teacher discount code to your account.
If you change plans or upgrade your phone after joining Smart Rewards and adding a promotional code, remember to re-enter it at checkout to ensure you continue to receive the code.
The discount level depends on your plan type and the number of lines you need, but it can be up to 29% off an unlimited family plan.
Steps To Enroll In The Verizon Teacher Discount
Follow these 6 steps to apply for the Verizon teacher discount:
- Visit the Verizon Teacher Discount page.
- Include your name and contact information.
- Verify your employment through the Sheer ID verification portal.
- Verify your phone number using the code sent to you via text message.
- Submit a request for a Verizon teacher discount.
- To apply for the Verizon teacher discount, you must have a valid email address with your school or district. You can also sign in with your teacher ID or payslip.
If You Don’t Have Any Of These, You Can Send A Copy Of One Of The Following:
- Valid school ID with photo
- Student report card for the current year
- Valid vehicle registration with school name
- Official letter from the school principal (on school letterhead).
Read Also: Religion Degrees And College Majors
Summarily, the Verizon Teacher Discount is a reward for teachers who have consistently researched great experiences with Verizon.
With Verizon, you get access to the 4G LTE network, a world-class network covering more than 400 million Americans and businesses.
The Verizon Teacher discount gives you an extra $20 at checkout when you buy or upgrade to a new smartphone plan with Verizon.
Read Also: Schools For Aspiring Pastors: How To Choose