Victoria University of Wellington Scholarship Grants 2023
Here is a list of scholarship that is available to international students.
1. Latin American Academic Achievement Scholarship
This scholarship is available for the level of Master’s Research
The scholarships will be for a three years master’s degree program and the students must maintain at least 6 (B+) in their grades each year.
Scholarships award sum: $5,000
The Latin American Academic Achievement Scholarship was established to encourage talented Latin American international students to Victoria University of Wellington and to motivate and support their academic goals.
Over the years, the University has been trying to make a great effort to increase the number of their intellectual influence in the Asia–Pacific region, which is in line with one of its Strategic plans.
The University has decided to encourage and support Latin American students to go for an undergraduate and postgraduate degree at their University by awarding a sum of $5,000 fees scholarships for their tuition to Latin American students who are enrolling in a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate program.
Applicants must be strong academically, but must also be willing to get involved in extracurricular activities in the school.
– The applicants must be enrolled to study an undergraduate or postgraduate degree program in a full-time study at Victoria University of Wellington.
– Applicant can also be studying abroad and want to Exchange or transfer to the university.
– This scholarship award will apply to only new students who have not been enrolled at the University.
– There would be an exception for students who just completed a pre-degree course (EAP or Foundation) at the university.
– The applicant must have met the English Language Requirements to study at the university.
All applicants should please note that certain programs may have different requirements for the English language.
Applicants should please contact Wellington University International for more information or visit the school site.
– All completed online applications must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date of the scholarship.
– If the Application is Late or incomplete it will not be accepted or considered.
– if any supporting document is required must be submitted before 4.30 pm on the closing date for the application to be accepted or considered.
– The scholarship applications will be open one month before the closing date.
– Applicants should always check for an application.
– And If no application link was provided, please check back again closer to the closing date or Contact the university if you have any queries or issues.
Supporting document need
– A personal statement from the applicant showing their involvement in extracurricular activities, an interest in internationalization, and their future goals (not more than 500 words).
A scholarships panel would be set which will include the following people
* Wellington University International
* International Marketing Manager
* Wellington University International and the Business Support Manager
* A nominee’s from the university
– The Applicants should know that they must be willing to act as a brand ambassador for the University and help assist with promoting the University to the Latin American market while doing their studies at the university.
Scholarships Regulations and conditions
– The applicant’s completed online application must be submitted before 4.30 pm on the closing date.
– The applicant will be considered for the Scholarship upon being fully enrolled in a full-year program within the stated criteria and time of the scholarship.
– There shall be no payment for this Scholarship until this condition is met.
– The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
– Selected applicants are expected to act as ambassadors for the University and participate in appropriate events for the university if needed.
– Selected Students must agree to take part in five marketing activities per year to help promote the university.
– The award payment will be made towards fees directly by the University’s Scholarships Office.
Students who withdraw from their studies at the University except they have completed their postgraduate or undergraduate degree within one year of receiving this scholarship award will be required to reimburse the scholarship funds back to the university.
– students must seek advice from the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
2. Victoria University of Wellington Study Abroad Scholarship
This scholarship is available for all postgraduate international students.
This scholarship will be only for a year
The number of awards available for this scholarship is 15
Selected students will be awarded the sum of NZ$1,000.
The scholarship is available only to international students who wish to study in New Zealand through the Study Abroad or Exchange program at the University.
The awardee must be willing to participate in marketing activities to help promote Study Abroad and Exchange opportunities to students at the university.
Special Consideration is given to students with great backgrounds, academic achievements, and experience.
– This scholarship is for international students who wish to enroll in the Study Abroad and Exchange program at the university for a minimum of one trimester.
– All Applicants must apply to study abroad at the Victoria University of Wellington as an international student
– All Applicants must have commenced study in the trimester in the year indicated in their offer letter.
– The applicant must have held an Offer to study before the application deadline.
– All Applicants must hold at least a minimum Grade of 2.7 / 4.
– Applicant must have completed and submitted the online application before 4.30 pm on the closing date.
– No Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted or considered.
– The applicant supporting document required must also be submitted before 4.30 pm on the closing date before the application will be considered.
– The Applications will normally be opened a month before the closing date.
Supporting Document Needed
– The applicant should send a motivational statement written or in form of a video.
The statement should contain the following
* how do you think a Study Abroad and Exchange experience in New Zealand will be of benefit
* what you are excited about and wish to experience in Wellington.
An applicant with the following should identify themselves in the statement
* LGBTQIA+ students
* students of indigenous and minority backgrounds
* students living with disabilities
* low-income and first-generation tertiary students
The applicant statement must be
– A written statement must be submitted as a PDF or Word Document with your application
– the written statement should not be more than 300 words
– video statements should be uploaded onto YouTube and must not be more than 2min
Selection will be done by the following
* International Regional Manager for North America
* Assistant Vice-Chancellor International
* Associate Director
* International Business Development and Recruitment
* A nominee
3. Tongarewa Scholarship
This Scholarship is available to the level Master’s Research program.
Selected applicants will be given the sum of $5,000 or $10,000
The Tongarewa Scholarships were created to celebrate the University’s commitment to the international student community.
The university award a range of these scholarships to only international students every year.
This scholarship is a part-based scholarship that will go towards the tuition fees for a year of study at the university.
Scholarships are awarded competitively based on good academic results.
– All applicants must be international students who are paying full international fees
– Applicant must be entering their first year of an undergraduate or postgraduate degree.
– Applicants must have completed and submitted their online application on or before 4.30 pm on the closing date.
Supporting Document Needed
Applicants must provide the following supporting documentation as part of their online application:
– Applicant personal statement of not more than 500 words stating why you would love to study at Victoria University of Wellington.
State your academic goals and why you merit the scholarship.
– Applicant full transcripts and another document that would be relevant to the qualification type
Selection of the recipient for the scholarship will be done by a panel set up by the University
For other international students’ scholarships please check the school’s site.