The Federal University of Technology, Akure Convocation Ceremony 2021/2022 Academic Session
The Federal University of Technology has not released any date or statement yet for the convocation ceremony of the 2021/2022 academic session, which is the 33rd and 40th-anniversary ceremony of the school.
However, the Federal University of Technology, Akure, previously released a program of events on FUTA 32nd Convocation and 4oth Anniversary Ceremony and also guidelines to their graduands which you can take note of to enable you to prepare ahead.
The following as written below was stated in the program.
Federal University of Techonology, Akure (FUTA) Convocation Ceremony Programme of Events
|Friday, 19th November
|Press Briefing Jumat service
|T. I. Francis Auditorium FUTA Central mosque Obanla.
|10:00 am – 2: 00pm
|Sunday, 21st November
|Chapel of faith
|Monday, 22nd November
|Excellence and productivity award night
|Tuesday 23rd November
|Novelty football match
|University Sports Complex
|Wednesday 24th November
|Alumni meeting. Alumni lecture Convocation meeting Alumni dinner
|T.I. Francis Auditorium University Auditorium T. 1. Francis Auditorium Alumni Hall
|10:00 am 11:00am
2:00 pm. 7:00 pm
|Thursday 25th November
Students variety show
|T.I.Francis Auditorium University Auditorium
University Sports Complex
|10:00a.m 3:00 p.m.
|Friday 26th November
|Investiture of vice-chancellor. Award of certificate, diploma, and first degree
|Saturday 27th November
|Commissioning of project. Award of post-graduate diploma, master’s degree, doctorate degree, and honorary degree
|Project Sites University Auditorium, Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge
|8:00 am 10:00 am
Immediately after convocation
The Federal University Of Technology, Akure (FUTA) Convocation Guide to Graduands
- Graduating students are mandated to participate in the convocation procession dressed in the approved academic gowns.
(The Academic gowns will be handed out to graduating students on a first come first serve basis after the payment of appropriate fees as it is limited in quantity).
- The graduating students are also expected to pay for a copy of the Order of Proceedings containing the names of all graduating students and a program of events. And also the specially designed graduating scrolls
- All Ph.D. graduating students are also to purchase the designated academic gowns through the School of Postgraduate Studies.
- All convocation students must be at the venue by 8:00am at the car park of the Main Auditorium
- Convocation Procession for graduating students starts at 8:30am.
- Graduating Students who are not putting on the convocation robe will not be allowed to participate in the procession.
- Once the procession starts, no Graduating Students will be allowed to join the procession midway so you are advised to come early.
- During the ceremony, graduating students will not be allowed in and out of the venue, this is to maintain order.